Thursday, January 7, 2021

#PopCultureResolution for 2021




We all have pop culture blind spots. It might be that genre you barely read, or that movie you have been meaning to get to. I have been thinking about the books I read and what my own pop culture blind spots are.  I am going to make an effort each year to help fill some of those blind spots and hopefully make my reading choices more varied and diverse than what I currently consume in the process.

With this goal in mind I launched my #PopCultureResolutions last year. I had so much fun doing it, and managed to keep with it for the entire year so I figured I would do it again.

I love thrillers and mysteries. I have read quite a few but there are still so many books I haven't managed to get to. In terms of movies I haven't watched that many horror movies, and it's not a genre I normally gravitate toward without some extra hook or incentive. 

I decided for 2021 I would read twelve thriller/mystery books and watch twelve horror movies.

My twelve thriller/mystery books are:




My schedule looks like this (and if anyone wants to read any of these as well, I am happy to chat about them). Each of them links to their Goodreads pages for more details.

January -  The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins (goodreads)
February - The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian (goodreads)
March - When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole (goodreads)
April -  The Other Mrs Miller by Allison M Dickson (goodreads)
May - The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James (goodreads)
June - I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll (goodreads)
July - Survive The Night by Riley Sager (goodreads)
August - The Golden Cage by Camilla Lackberg (goodreads)
September - Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane (goodreads)
October - Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Malloy (goodreads)
November - The Guest List by Lucy Foley (goodreads)
December - Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier (goodreads)

Here are the horror movies I am going to watch for this event:





The schedule for this will be as follows (and again, if anyone else wants to watch and chat just let me know).

January - Jennifer’s Body
February - My Bloody Valentine (2009)
March - The Stepfather (1987)
April - Frankenstein (1931)
May - Final Girls
June - Sinister
July - Frailty 
August - Ready or Not
September - Rosemary's Baby
October - Halloween (2019)
November - Rope
December - Better Watch Out

What are your own pop culture blind spots? Have you read any of the books, or seen any of the movies that I am going to tackle this year? Let know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...