Thursday, December 11, 2014

2015 Most Anticipated .... From Suman @ Harper Collins



Today I have the lovely Suman from Harper Collins offering up her choices for books that should be on your radar for 2015. There are definitely some amazing sounding books on this list. 

Okay, so, before I get started I need to say that there are so many amazing books coming out next year that my heart honestly cannot even handle it. My list originally included 25 books, but I figured it was cruel to make you read something that long, especially when so many of you are still studying for exams (ETA: Good Luck!!). I also only included books coming out during the first half of next year because otherwise there would be well over fifty titles, and, again, I'm not cruel.   

So, here we go!

1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (February 10, 2015)

I'm tempted to just leave a bunch of exclamation points here. We're SO excited for this book. Everyone we know is SO excited for this book. 

Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood-those with red and those with silver. Mare's a Red, destined to serve the Silvers, whose supernatural abilities have granted them god-like status. A twist of fate leads Mare to the royal palace, where, she ends up discovering a power of her own-an ability that shouldn't be possible for a Red… 

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Read the first chapter of Red Queen here

2. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver (March 10, 2015)

A new book by Lauren Oliver! What else do I really need to say? Vanishing Girls follows two sisters whose relationship is altered by a terrible accident, a missing nine-year-old girl, and the shocking connection between the two. My coworkers and I are huge fans of Lauren's previous books and we cannot stop raving about this latest one! It's beautifully written and full of so much suspense, we guarantee you'll be on the edge of your seat the entire time. 
3. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (April 7, 2015)

If you follow me on Twitter, you've heard me talk about this book for months. I got to read the manuscript early this year and it's been on my mind ever since. 

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is an incredibly funny and poignant coming-of-age, coming-out story. When an email falls into the wrong hands, sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier's secret is at risk of being exposed. Now Simon is being blackmailed: if he doesn't help class clown Martin get a date with his crush, he'll tell everyone Simon's secret. Also at risk of being exposed? The privacy of Blue, the boy Simon's been secretly emailing (and definitely falling for).

Read this book, you guys. You won't regret it. 


4. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno (April 21, 2015)

From the author of How to Love, one of our favourite books last year, 99 Days follows Molly Barlow as she faces one long, hot summer-99 days-with the boy whose heart she broke and the boy she broke it for…his brother. As expected, Katie's writing is stunning and the chemistry between her characters is just wow. I stayed up until 3 am reading this one on my laptop and may have fallen asleep at my desk the next morning. Totally worth it. 

5. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley (April 28, 2015)

Maria Dahvana Headley's debut is an intelligent, multilayered fantasy that follows Aza Ray Boyle, a teenage girl who's caught between two very different worlds, and two destinies. Aza's journey pulls her deep into the question of home, of love, of self, and what it means to find them all. Magonia has impeccable world-building, perfectly alternating POVs, and one of the most original storylines we've ever read. We can't wait for you guys to read it. 

What books are you excited to read? Let me know on Twitter @HCCFrenzy or @suman_says!

-Suman 

A huge thank you to Suman for taking the time to write this up! You can check out more from HCC Frenzy via their website. Any of these titles catch your eye? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...