Saturday, January 16, 2016

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Cover for Sarah J Maas' A Court Of Mist and Fury (goodreads)

I've been excited to see the cover for A Court of Mist and Fury since finishing A Court of Thorns and Roses. That book was one of my favourites of 2015 and I am VERY excited to get my hands on this sequel.


My eyes are immediately drawn to the tattoo on Feyre's hand. Those who read the first book will know the significance of those markings and what it means for Feyre in this sequel. I am really excited to see the expansion of this world, and that little glimpse of (what I assume is) the Night Court has me really excited.

TV/MOVIE


Penny Dreadful Season 3 Trailer

It's no secret that I love Penny Dreadful. It's one of my favourite shows. The acting is some of the best on television right now, and the storyline is consistently sharp and mesmerizing.


This trailer has me on edge waiting for May 1st when it premieres. This trailer also gives me plenty of #Ethanessa feelings. The whole "you seek my soul,  you my body but both are promised to another" feels like she would mean Ethan (at least for me). He would be the 'other' that she refers to ... at least I hope. The end gave me chills with Vanessa stating "you think you know evil". This season cannot come fast enough.

The Path Trailer

Aaron Paul is one of my favourite actors. He was incredible as Jesse in Breaking Bad. Now, he and Hugh Dancy (who is also insanely talented) have been cast in a Hulu show about being inside a religious cult. This goosebumps inducing trailer has my full attention.


Hugh Dancy's delivery of the end line about them letting him lead them into the light is the perfect note to end it on. It gave me shivers and sets an unsettling tone for the series. I'll definitely be watching this. Those in Canada will be happy to know that Shomi has secured rights, but there is no word yet on when they may air the series.

OTHER

ALA 2016

I am going to Orlando to join my fellow book nerds at ALA. Registration opens this week and I am so excited to be registered. After registering all I have left to do is secure my transfers to and from the airport and work out a schedule for the days I'll be going to Disney (or Universal Studios). I am so excited to meet up with Kelly (from Kellyvision) and to see what authors might be there. I am also insanely excited for BEA 2016 in Chicago (which I am already registered for).

1 comment:

  1. I love Sarah J. Maas' covers, and a Court of Mist and Fury is no exception. I liked, but didn't adore, the first book and I'm intrigued to see where the series goes next!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...