Sunday, July 23, 2017

New To My Book Closet


It's that time of the week again. Time to show you what bookish goodies made their way into my home and book closet (to be saved from the evil book eating cat monster named Aria). This is inspired by the various "mailbox" posts out there (eg. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews)

First up is the stuff I received from a Kickstart I backed awhile ago. It was for a #Stucky themed anthology and it came with a bunch of goodies in addition to the book.

The book itself is stunning. It has silver edges, and a fancy bookmark attached and some spot gloss finish on the cover. The back is my favourite (it's Cap's shield under the ice) and the entire book surpassed my expectations. It's really a beautiful piece of art work. 


The Kickstarter did so well that it ended up reaching a bunch of the stretch goals so we got a whole slew of extras (this on top of the extras that came with my category). It was a box filled with amazing #Stucky stuff!


I especially love the art card shown in this photo. It is my favorite piece of art after the cover and I was thrilled to have it in art card format. I also am obsessed with the cute little pin that came with it and the patch. It's all really impressive. The amount of creativity in the fandom is amazing. I need to get a frame to put that art card in and put it on my shelf.

Lastly, I got to pick up my must get from the San Diego Comic Con Funko Pops. This one was shared with Hot Topic and was quickly added to my Stranger Things collection.


STEVE! He even has the hair. It's too perfect. I also appreciate that they used Steve's most memorable (and heroic) moment to model the Pop from. It doesn't excuse that he's a douche the rest of the time, but it made me want to add him to my collection. #IStillThinkNancyPickedTheWrongGuy


Happy Weekend and Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Funko Pop. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this type of blog :)Fresh Direct Coupon

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...