Tuesday, February 5, 2019

A Reading Slump, A New Blog Feature, and Accountability


Part of my goals for 2019 were to whip this blog back into shape. It kind of got pushed to the side a bit in 2018 and it's made me want to refocus on it this year.

I have already failed in that mission so I decided to do something about it! I need a way of being more accountable, and a more fun way to pick out the books I read for the month. I decided to share my monthly 'to-be-read' list at the beginning of each month. This is a way for me to hold myself more accountable and to share what reviews will be upcoming on the blog.

I've hit a pretty big reading slump and I am hoping having this focus will help me get out of it! I have a bunch of amazing sounding books for February and with the weather being awful I hoping to make a sizable dent on this before the middle of the month.


King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (goodreads)
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (goodreads)
Enchantee by Gita Trelease (goodreads)
The Umbrella Academy: Volume One by Gerard Way, Gabriel Ba, Dave Stewart (goodreads)
Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte (goodreads)
99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne (goodreads)

I am almost done 99 Percent Mine (so expect a review of that soon) and will probably be able to quickly devour The Umbrella Academy so I am expecting those will put me off to a great start.

I also have two ebooks that I am going to be reading this month:


The Blood Spell by CJ Redwine (goodreads)
The Au Pair by Emma Rous (goodreads)

I'll provide an update of my progress at the beginning of March along with my March TBR pile! This one is a little late but you can expect the March one to fall on the 1st (and it'll be around the first of the month from there on out).

What books are you excited to read this month? Any of the ones on my list also on yours? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...