Friday, May 22, 2020

Summer Reading!


Summer reading is going to look different for a lot of us this year. We may read in our backyards instead of crowded beaches. We may bring our favourite ice cream to have at home instead of enjoying at the shop. We may opt to take our book and favourite and find a quiet spot in a park where we can socially distance. While the ways in which we enjoy our summer reads may look different there are plenty of books eager to offer up an escape.

I am going to share the ten books that I personally cannot wait to read this summer. I've linked them all to their Goodreads page so you can find out more about each of them. Some will be titles that are not released just yet (but are coming out during the summer months) and other will be ones I just haven't gotten to yet.

1. The Comeback by Ella Berman (goodreads)


The fact that this novel deals with a timely subject matter will certainly boost its visibility. It also has the Hollywood angle which will appeal to many. It seems like a great book club pick for your Zoom meetings because I think it is going to be one everyone is talking about.

2. The Heir Affair by Jennifer Cocks and Heather Morgan (goodreads)


The much anticipated sequel to The Royal We is almost here! If you haven't read the first book please do so immediately so that you can be ready when this one releases. It is basically made for summer reading with it revolving around a royal family, and family secrets.

3. The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix (goodreads)


Vampires are back! This won't be the only vampire book on my list (more on that later) and this one sounds especially fun. A book club slaying vampires! I think it'll be a great book club choice, and one that certainly will fit the summer reading vibe for those wanting something on the darker side.

4. The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James (goodreads)


This book sounds perfect for those looking for a mystery. This has the added bonus of already being released and it being one that people are definitely talking about.

5. Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (goodreads)


The book that most Twilight fans never expected would get released is finally coming out in August. This is Twilight retold from Edward's perspective and I am predicting it'll be one of the most talked about books of the summer.

6. Saint X by Alexis Schaitkin (goodreads)


This has a true crime element to it as it feels like it could potentially be based off a real story. The premise is certainly interesting and this one had a lot of buzz. It seems like a perfect book to end up with a sun burn reading.

7. Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory (goodreads)


I love the light, fun feel of all of Jasmine's books. This new one sounds adorable and perfect for the summer. If you haven't read her previous books I highly recommend diving in!

8. Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles (goodreads)


This has been pitched as Moulin Rouge meets The Phantom of the Opera and I was immediately sold. It comes out later in the summer so it'll be a fantastic way to say goodbye to summer and hello to the autumn season.

9. Vengeful by VE Schwab (goodreads)


This is a sequel to Vicious which was excellent. It's a darker take on the superhero/super villain story and how thin the line between the two actually is depending on whose point of view you're using.

10. Empire High Untouchables by Ivy Smoak (goodreads)


This sounds like a CW television show on steroids and I cannot wait! It's bound to be fun, frothy and exactly what I want to read while sipping a glass of wine. 

What books are you hoping to read this summer? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...