Thursday, April 8, 2021

Summer Reading

Spring is here and before you know it summer will be here and with it summer reading. Summer always brings to mind good books read by the pool or at the beach. Lazy afternoons reading in the park. It is the time of year that everyone seems to be reading the latest thriller, or catching up on some romance novels from their reading list.

I always look forward to the summer months and the books I get to read. Autumn is my favourite season but there is something about the summer reading season.

To help you plan your own summer reading lists I thought I would share the books I hope to read this summer.

1. Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I have read two Taylor Jenkins Reid's books and they have made her an author whose work I will immediately buy. I am very excited about her upcoming release that follows a group of siblings during the summer party they are hosting. I expect family drama and secrets which makes for a perfect summer time read.

2. Survive The Night by Riley Sager

Thrillers are always popular but they seem even more so during the summer. There is typically a big release that everyone has in their beach bag. My thriller read for the summer is Riley Sager's Survive The Night. A college student finds a ride using a ride share board at her school and may have inadvertently gotten into a car with a serial killer.

3. Animal by Lissa Taddeo

The early reviews for this one have piqued my interest and have definitely made me want to pick it up this summer. It sounds brutal, thought provoking, and memorable. It revolves around a woman who 'is tired of being prey so she turns into a predator' which is all I needed to know to become interested.

4. The House of Gucci by Sara Gay Forden

My true crime pick for the summer will also ensure I am ready for the film version when it releases in the fall. High fashion, a murder, and plenty of scandal will surely make this a page turner that is perfect for the beach.

5. Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney

I have heard nothing but excellent things about Sally Rooney's books and have decided that this summer should be when I finally pick up one of them. This one is being adapted as a television show and is about a group of four friends and their relationships and interactions with one another. 

6. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy 

This sounds like it is going to be such a cute read. It is a contemporary Cinderella retelling that is the start of a new series from Disney. It seems like a perfect candidate to read while enjoying a Pina Colada (or beverage of your choice).

7. Beach Read by Emily Henry

The title says it all. This one has been highly recommended to me and I think this summer is the perfect time to finally read it. Its plot revolves around two writers who challenge each other to a competition in order to help each other out of their writer's block.

8. Fable by Adrienne Young 

This young adult fantasy novel comes highly recommend to me and the synopsis definitely intrigues me. It seems like it will have a lot of danger, intrigue, and some romance.

There are some of the books I hope to get to.this summer. What are some books on your own summer reading list? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...