Thursday, August 26, 2021

Spooky Season Reading!




 Pumpkin Spice is officially back at Starbucks and August is almost over. This means that not only is it fall reading season but it is the season for spooky reads! September through October is some of the best time to read some spine chilling books or cozy up with a good mystery. 


Today I am going to share some upcoming spooky seasons reads that I cannot wait to get to! These all release between now and the end of October. 

1. The Wood Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins

I loved There's Someone Inside Your House, her first scary read. I was therefore really excited to hear she was releasing a second horror read. This one two friends who go hiking in the woods and things go very wrong. 

2. The Ex-Hex by Erin Sterling

This is for those who want something lighter but still appropriate for the season. A witch hexes her ex when they break up to disastrous results. Her and her ex need to team up to break the curse before it is too late. Sounds like it could be a fun and romantic read for the season.

3. Reprieve by James Han Mattson

A group goes into a full contact haunted house/escape room (meaning the actors in the haunted house are allowed to touch you). Things take a very bad turn when someone is murdered. This is told via court transcripts and media articles, etc which I am sure will give it an all too real feel. 

4. All These Bodies by Kendare Blake

This follows a girl who is found covered in blood at the murder scene of her entire family. She naturally becomes a suspect. Since this is Kendare Blake I will not be surprised of there is some paranormal/magical element to this.

5. White Smoke by Tiffany D Jackson

This is described as Get Out meets Haunting of Hill House. This is a ghost story (or so it seems) that sounds great for this time of year. A family moves in to a house that may be haunted is certainly a fantastic set up. 

What spooky reads are you hoping to read? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...