Thursday, December 2, 2021

Monthly TBR and Wrap Up

It's the final month of the year. 2021 has flown by and hasn't exactly been the reading year I hoped for. I am off a lot this December and I have a LOT of reading to get done. I am hoping to read way more compared to my usual monthly total as I need to finish off my Goodreads challenge.

Before I talk about what I hope to read in December, I have to recap November first.

The books that were on my list are:

Gilded Cage by Camilla Lackberg (goodreads)
One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)

Plus I had some ebooks on my list:

56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard (goodreads)
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (goodreads)
Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (goodreads)
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (goodreads)

Here is what I managed to read in November:

Hawkeye: Volume 1 by Matt Fraction and David Aja (goodreads)
Faith: Taking Flight by Julie Murphy (goodreads)
Gilded Cage by Camilla Lackberg (goodreads)
The Guest List by Lucy Foley (goodreads)

I managed to read four books this month which is not as many as I hoped. One of my 2022 goals is going to be to dedicate more time to reading. 

My #PopCultureResolution book for November was The Guest List by Lucy Foley which I managed to read and the review will go up once the 2022 Most Anticipated event I am currently hosting wraps up. The movie was Rope and that has already been reviewed.

Here is what I hope to read in December:

I only have some ebooks I am hoping to get to this month, so no photo of physical books to share.



Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier (goodreads)
If This Gets Out by Sophie Gonzales and Cale Dietrich (goodreads)
Bad Girls Never Say Die by Jennifer Mathieu (goodreads)
Here's To Us by Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli (goodreads)
We Wish You a Merry Grantmas by Morgan Matson (goodreads)
Fan Club by Erin Meyer (goodreads)

My #PopCultureResolution picks for this month are Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier and Better Watch Out. I am excited to tackle both as they are holiday themed but not your typical holiday fare.

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

November's pick for my '12 friends, 12 books' reading challenge is Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney. I am VERY behind so I am not even sure if I'll be able to finish this before the end of the year. I am going to try to get to as many as I can, but I may have to finish next year.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor I am officially saying that I will not finish it this year, but I hope to get to the rest of these early in the new year.

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...