Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Waiting on Wednesday ... I'm the Girl

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is I'm the Girl by Courtney Summers


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
The new groundbreaking queer thriller from New York Times bestselling and Edgar-award Winning author Courtney Summers.

When sixteen-year-old Georgia Avis discovers the dead body of thirteen-year-old Ashley James, she teams up with Ashley's older sister, Nora, to find and bring the killer to justice before he strikes again. But their investigation throws Georgia into a world of unimaginable privilege and wealth, without conscience or consequence, and as Ashley’s killer closes in, Georgia will discover when money, power and beauty rule, it might not be a matter of who is guilty—but who is guiltiest.

A spiritual successor to the 2018 breakout hit, Sadie, I'm the Girl is a masterfully written, bold, and unflinching account of how one young woman feels in her body as she struggles to navigate a deadly and predatory power structure while asking readers one question: if this is the way the world is, do you accept it?
Courtney Summers is a must read author for me and each thing I learn about this particular book makes me want to get my hands on it even more.

This seems to be right in line with her previous work. She has mentioned in teasers for this book that it does reflect the world that allowed Jeffrey Epstein to happen and in her words it is 'coming for its throat'. I anticipate that this will be a hard but striking read. 

This comes out in the fall which is the perfect season for a new Courtney Summers book in my opinion. If you haven't read anything by Courtney Summers before I highly recommend you do while waiting for this to release.

Expected release date - September 13, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...