Monday, April 25, 2022

Summer Reading 2022

 

The weather is ever so slowly becoming warmer and it has brought to mind frozen cocktails, ice cream, and pool side reads. This time of year is always when my mind starts to drift to the books that I want to read this summer. 

1. Groupies by Sarah Priscus (goodreads)

I immediately wanted to pick this one up after reading the comparisons to Daisy Jones and the Six. The rest of the synopsis immediately sold me. It sort of reminds me of Almost Famous and I cannot wait to devour this in one sitting.

2. By The Book by Jasmine Guillory (goodreads)

This is the second book in the Meant To Be series (the first is If the Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy). These are modern Disney retellings and the one is Beauty and the Beast retelling. I have loved all of Jasmine's previous books so this is a highly anticipated read for me.

3. Family of Liars by E. Lockhart (goodreads)

I enjoyed We Were Liars and was pleasantly surprised to learn that a prequel novel was going to be release. This sounds like a perfect summer reading choice for those who want a mystery book in their beach bags. I cannot wait to continue the story of the Sinclair family and find out what other secrets they are hiding.

4.Release by Lucy Christopher (goodreads)

This book does not currently have a North America release date, but it is release in the UK/Australia in time for me to read it this summer. I am eagerly awaiting this to arrive in my mailbox as it is the sequel to Stolen (which is one of my favourite books). This is going to continue Gemma's story ten years after her kidnapping.

5. Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid  (goodreads)

It just doesn't feel like summer now without a Taylor Jenkins Reid book. I love that Taylor's newest is releasing at the perfect time to be a final summer season read. It revolves around tennis, has a connection to Malibu Rising, and is written by one of my favourite authors. This inclusion should surprise nobody.

6. Misfit by Elle Kennedy (goodreads)

I have enjoyed many of the Elle Kennedy books that I have read and this one definitely caught my interest when I read the synopsis. This boarding school set read sounds perfect for a summer read and I am already looking forward to meeting this cast of characters.

7. Six Ways to Write a Love Letter by Jackson Pearce (goodreads)

This was compared to A Star is Born so I was immediately interested. I have enjoyed previous books by Jackson so I was pretty excited when this was announced. The synopsis definitely sounds like it'll be a book I enjoy. 

8. I Kissed a Girl by Janet Alexander (goodreads)

This one sounds adorable! It revolves around an actress and a makeup artist falling in love on the set of her newest creature feature. If you gravitate towards fun and romance filled in the summer this may also be one you want to check out.

9. Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers (goodreads)

This one has come highly recommend to me by a bunch of people (specially my friend Kelly) and I have decided that this summer is when I finally read this one. It  certainly starts off with a interesting premise as the main character randomly marries another woman while in Las Vegas.

10.  More Than You’ll Ever Know by Katie Gutierrez (goodreads)

This is for those of you who want a mystery read to help you get that summer sunburn. This featuresa woman married to two men and when the men find out one of them kills the other. Obviously things are not what they appear and there is a mystery to figure out but that premise instantly sold me.

What's on your list for this summer? What are some of your favourite places to read when it gets nice outside? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...