Friday, November 11, 2022

Monthly Movie Picks - November

 


Welcome to a brand new post on my blog. It'll be a monthly post and focus on the three movies I most want to see that month. I am going to be posting it much earlier in the month going forward and I am excited to see what movies you are excited for as well.


1.Bones and All

Release Date: November 18 (limited), November 23 (wide)

This is based on a young adult novel that mixes horror with romantic elements. It's a coming of age story that revolves around two cannibals taking a road trip through the backroads of America.


 Early buzz is that this movie is incredibly good that the performances are outstanding. I am super curious about it, even if I expect some moments will be a little stomach turning.


2. Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

Release Date: November 23 (theatres), December 23 (Netflix)

I, like almost everyone else, loved Knives Out. It all worked for me - the clever script, Chris Evans in that sweater, the stacked cast. It probably is no surprise that I was thrilled to hear that Rian Johnson was writing a sequel. 

 

This has another amazing cast and if the buzz is to believed it is even better than the first one. The trailer certainly looks promising and I am excited to discover the mystery.


3. She Said

Release Date: November 18

I read the book this is based on and am definitely intrigued to see how they handle this. It revolves around the investigation that revealed the sexual abuse/harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein.

It served as one of the launching pads for the #MeToo movement and resulted in bright light being shone on other abuses in the entertainment industry. I am curious to see how they end this movie as that is going to be what defines this movie for me. 


Those are the movies I am most excited to see. I am going to include three other movies that I have already seen and that I cannot wait for everyone else to see.


1. The Fabelmans


Release Date: November 11 (limited), November 23 (wide)

This will very likely end up being one of my favourite movies of the year. It's a love letter to the cinema along with being a semi autobiographical story of Steven Spielberg's childhood.

 

I fully expect this one to be in a lot of Oscar conversations and it won't surprise me if it ends up winning Best Picture.


2. The Menu

Release Date: November 18

Don't let the trailer fool you - it's not a horror movie in the way you are thinking. It's a dark comedy with a lot of social commentary.

 

It boasts some great performances and it is one I definitely enjoyed seeing with a crowd. The ending may have left me a little unsatisfied but I enjoyed it over all.


3. The Inspection

Release Date: November 18

Jeremy Pope's performance was the stand out in this for me. He delivers a performance that instantly makes you want to see whatever he does next.

It's also a promising debut by the director (Elegance Bratton) who is telling a story based on personal experiences. 


What are you most excited to see this month? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...