Monday, November 14, 2011

Super Powers


If you read my review of Shatter Me yesterday you know that the main character Juliette has a power, a gift if you will.

I thought it might be fun to ask some bloggers, authors, and other industry people what super power they wish they could have. I received a lot of great answers. Thank you so much ladies for taking the time to be apart of this!

Amy Plum - author of Die For Me (Amy's Twitter)

I know I should say “healing touch,” “cause world peace with a wave of my hand,” or even “rescue people from preternatural death” like my revenants do.

But selfishly, I would choose flying. I have dreamt about it hundreds of times. I know exactly how it feels, where in my body the momentum starts. I must have been a bird in a past life.


Lindsay at Me on Books (Lindsay's Twitter)

There are so many powers to choose from. I'd be cool to have some kind of ability over plants, like I could make them grow and trap bad guys in thick vines or huge rosebushes. I've always liked plants, not necessarily flowers but plants, and I think I'd like to have the ability to control them and make them grow as much as I wanted. Plus, I could make a killing as a landscaper. ;)


Christy at The Reader Bee (Christy's Twitter)

If I could choose any power, I would probably choose Earth Manipulation. I would mostly use this power for Good, to help plants and trees to grow faster. I'm a tree-hugger, so this power is right up my alley!


Lauren Oliver - Author of Delirium (Lauren's Twitter)

I wish I had the power to fly!


Michele at Just a Lil' Lost (Michele's Twitter)

I would love to be able to teleport. I hate how long it takes to get anywhere around the city by car or public transit. There's so many more things I could be doing if travel time was taken out of the equation. Something like Nightcrawler from X-Men. BAMF! I'm at work. BAMF! I'm in Europe. BAMF! I'm home. Love it. So efficient.


Shannon from The Savvy Reader(tweeting from @SavvyReader & @shanparsons)

This is such a tough question! Immediately, when trying to brainstorm a good power, I started scanning through the cast of Heroes and X-Men… Would I want to control the weather? Control people’s minds? Hmm… But, I think for me, the choice is obvious. I want to have the same power that Charlie, aka Jayma Mays, aka Emma Pillsburg, had in Heroes: the ability to memorize anything and everything, and be able to recall it instantly. Could you imagine, being able to read a book once, and instantly remember every fact, every word, for the rest of your life? Charlie knew all kinds of languages, had all kinds of self-taught skills, and was smart as a whip! I want that. I know this is kind of a nerdy power, and isn’t flashy at all, but that’s what I would want: to have a super amazing memory. Plus, then I could put my powers to good use by becoming a doctor or a scientist or a scientist-doctor. Also, I would obviously go on Jeopardy.

I’m not sure if I chose this superpower based on my love of reading, facts, Alex Trebek, or Jayma Mays. It could be a combination of all four. But that’s what I would choose.


Brodie at Eleusinian Mysteries (Brodie's Twitter)

I want to be greedy and say a super power that can absorb all others, so I could be a totally badass Superhero who can do everything at once. But then I'd probably go insane with so much power and become a villain. So I'll stick with time travel. How cool would it be to travel back through time and witness the amazing cultures we can only read about today? I'd love to visit Ancient Greece. And to see what earth is like in 100 or more years time. It would be such a fascinating power to use! Provided it comes with insurance in case I step on an ant in the past and wipe out the entire human race ;)


My own answer (My Twitter)

I wish I had the ability to understand and speak any language. It might seem boring but I think it could come in handy some day.


With that I ask you the same question. What super power would you most want to have? Leave it in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. I love the answers!!! Great fun post Kathy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I'm such a nerd! ;p Love everyone's answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind reader 100% it would be a blessing and a curse but i'd take it, and make myself rich somehow so I could retire at 24.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much like Brodie's answer, I would love the super power of stealing others powers. I would most likely be a villain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great idea, Kathy, and I had a lot of fun answering! Love reading what everyone else would pick. I totally want ALL of these powers haha... love the idea of plant/earth powers, teleportation and flying would be ridiculously cool and to speak any language? And mad memorisation skills? Damn, I'm reverting back to my ability to absorb all powers!

    Then Erin and I will have an epic showdown... which I'll win, of course :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm so sorry I totally forgot to send you my super powers *mental face palm* So sorry, hun, I have way too much on my head these days! Great post, tho! Absolutely phenomenal idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...