Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday...The Selection by Kiera Cass



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is The Selection by Kiera Cass

Here is the Goodreads synopsis

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

This has been teased as being Cinderella meets The Bachelor. Totally my kind of book. I am curious as to what kind of "competition" the girls have to take part in. I also am hopeful that Prince Maxon will be quite swoon worthy. The cover is so pretty. I am just excited for what sounds like a different spin on this type of novel.

Expected release date - April 24, 2012

5 comments:

  1. I totally want to reach through the screen and rip that dress off the girl and put it on myself. I probably won't look nearly as good in it, but no fair she gets so many mirrored versions of herself dressed in the pretty and I get none! *ceases whining*

    Cannot wait to read this! The plot really intrigues me and obviously, the cover is gorgeous. Harper are really dominating the YA scene for 2012 already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe lovely 'selection'! ;) Haha.

    Sounds really good.. totally on my 2012 DAC list!

    Michele | WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the cover for this, it's so pretty! I'm definitely curious to check it out. :) Great pick, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to read your review on this Kat! I look forward to your analysis on this highly anticipated love & royalty story. Dang that cover was meant to get noticed!

    You're the imdb.com of current Young Adult Fiction, only better! :D <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...