Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday....Such Wicked Intent

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again ? just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother's betrothed. If only these things were not so tempting. When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor's twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return
I loved the first book in this series immensely. I am very excited to get my hands on this sequel. The action, well done love triangle, and captivating characters make this a must read series.

Expected release date - August 21, 2012

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book yet, but I love the cover redesign and I've heard good things! I need to get the ball rolling and read the first book!

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first one, but now I'm intrigued...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, I just went to Goodreads and added the first book to my to-read list. This series sounds really awesome, so thank you for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KATHY! I am reading this one right now (almost done with it) and let me just tell you -> I am freaking in love! It's like no other book I have ever read. EVER! So atmospheric, creepy, dark.. just WOW! Blows my mind inside out :) You gotta read it ASAP! Are you getting an ARC from Shannon?! :D

    Love your pick sweetheart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, nice pick :D **New Follower**
    www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk
    PS: Beautiful blog background and header

    ReplyDelete
  6. i so need to read book1
    gr8 wow

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...