Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Third Book In The Royal Circle trilogy by Katherine Longshore

We have a title!! BRAZEN will be the final book in the trilogy, and I can not wait for more details. Details, and a synopsis will be coming from Penguin shortly, and I can't wait. I am curious to learn more about the main character, and what events may be woven into the story based on the timing. Be sure to add it to your Goodreads to get all the details when available.

Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Castor Chronicles is getting a spin off! Ridley and Link are taking centre stage in this New York City set companion series to Beautiful Creatures. I am excited to see what's next, and this gives me an excuse to finish the first series ASAP! You can add this to your Goodreads, and check out the full synopsis.

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

A Wizard of Oz where Dorothy is not the hero? SIGN ME UP! Deadline, who announced that the CW has optioned this for a TV Show described the  book/show this way
the magically-ever-youthful Dorothy has stayed in Oz, presiding over a now fascist fairyland with her perfectly manicured iron fist and the help of her henchmen - the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion. But when another young woman from Kansas is swept up in a tornado and magically dropped into this war-torn Oz, our hero discovers a revolutionary underground of witches and enchanted beings only to learn that she is destined to lead their people in the fight to reclaim Oz from a power-hungry Dorothy's ruthless clutches.
Yup, pretty much LET ME HAVE IT NOW! I am going to be really excited when this comes out in April 2014. This one has flown under the radar a little, but I expect that is about to change. Also, keep an eye out for this in my 2014 Most Antcipated Reads event *wink* . If you haven't already, be sure to add it to your Goodreads.

Cover of Sisters' Fate by Jessica Spotswood 


I love this series, so much. The last book ripped my heart out, and left me a mess when all was said and done. I am dying to get my hands on this one. The last little bit of the synopsis? SHIVERS! *Obvious spoilers for the first two books in the series in the synopsis, so tread carefully*. I am also in love with this cover. The colours are so pretty.

TV/MOVIE

Dexter Series Finale

We're saying goodbye to Dexter. This makes me sad. Watching the following teaser for end made me anxious and terrified as to what is going to happen.


 
Dexter saying "This is all my fault" and the FBI closing in on Hannah! EEEP! Poor little Harrison better have a happy ending in all of this, that's all I am saying. 

So what are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome haul. The last two episodes of Dexter look fucking awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...