Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday ................ The Land Of Ten Thousand Madonnas


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is The Land Of Ten Thousand Madonnas by Kate Hattemer


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Five teens backpack through Europe to fulfill the mysterious dying wish of their friend in this heartwarming novel from the author of The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy.

Jesse lives with his history professor dad in a house covered with postcards of images of the Madonna from all over the world. They’re gotten used to this life: two motherless dudes living among thousands of Madonnas. But Jesse has a heart condition that will ultimately cut his life tragically short. Before he dies, he arranges a mysterious trip to Europe for his three cousins, his best friend, and his girlfriend to take after he passes away. It’s a trip that will forever change the lives of these young teens and one that will help them come to terms with Jesse’s death.

With vivid writing, poignant themes, and abundant doses of humor throughout, Kate Hattemer’s second novel is a satisfying journey about looking for someone else’s answers only to find yourself. 
I love 'road trip' books. I especially love travel to Europe books. Mix this with the potential amazingness of the friendships included and I am utterly sold on this one. The mixture of bittersweet with the death of someone close to them being the catalyst for the novel is also something that I feel will really work. Now to get through the long wait until it's release.

Expected release date - April 19, 2016

1 comment:

  1. I love these types of books too, I've read a couple of good ones over the years and I can't wait to read this book as well :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...