Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday .... The Afterlife Of Holly Chase


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
On Christmas Eve five years ago, seventeen-year-old Holly Chase was visited by three Ghosts who showed her how selfish and spoiled she’d become. They tried to convince her to mend her ways.

She didn’t. And then she died.

Now she’s stuck working for the top-secret company Project Scrooge—as their latest Ghost of Christmas Past. So far, Holly’s afterlife has been miserable. But this year’s Scrooge is different. This year’s Scrooge might change everything.

An imaginative riff on an evergreen classic, The Afterlife of Holly Chase is a witty, poignant, and insightful novel about life, love, and seizing second (or third) chances, and will appeal to readers who love books like If I Stay and Before I Fall.
I am pretty certain this is the first retelling of A Christmas Carol that I've stumbled across. I am insanely excited for this and hope that it is as wonderful as I am hoping. It has the potential to become a holiday must read for me.

The entire idea of a previous 'Scrooge' becoming one of the ghosts is amazing. I cannot wait to see what this adds to the classic story. I am also hoping for some serious romance between Holly and the new 'Scrooge'. I expect some mistletoe kissing for sure.

The wait for this one is going to be REALLY long as it doesn't come out until November, but something tells me it'll be well worth the wait.

Expected release date - November 7, 2017

1 comment:

  1. A Christmas Carol retelling?! I can't believe this is my first time hearing about this book! Thanks for putting it on my radar :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...