Friday, September 15, 2017

Frenzy Presents Fall 2017/ Winter 2018


The lovely people from Harper Collins Canada invited me to their annual #FrenzyPresents event. It's a blogger event in which we get to learn about all of Harper Collins' upcoming titles and mingle with fellow book lovers. It's one of my most anticipated events because it is always such a fun afternoon. I always feel incredibly thankful to be able to attend, and this year was no exception.

This event focused on the Fall 2017 (and a few Winter 2018) titles that Harper was excited to present to us. There are plenty of books that were already on my radar, and a few that I left wanting to take a closer look at.

I am going to include the entire list, and offer up a few comments on each of the titles.

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera (goodreads)

Having already read this one I was excited to see it included. It's a wonderful read and I urge you to check out my review that I posted yesterday if you are curious about my thoughts. 

Top Ten by Katie Cotugno (goodreads)

I adore Katie Cotugno's novels and I am extra excited about this one! It's premise of two friends looking back at the top ten defining moments of their friendship immediately intrigues me, and the hint of possible romance only sweetens the deal. 

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L Armentrout (goodreads)

This was pitched as Jennifer L Armentrout moving away from the romance and more into straight contemporary novels that deal with issues. There is, from what I believe, romance within the story but the issues the characters are facing is the primary story arc. 

Kat and Meg Conquer the World by Anna Primaza (goodreads)

This sounded a super cute novel that has a friendship focus. It's also seems like a humourous read that tackles some fandom culture at the same time.

Release by Patrick Ness (goodreads)

This was already a title with a lot of buzz, and the bloggers were very excited about this one. Patrick Ness always delivers for his fans and I predict this will be no exception. It sounds like a novel that will pull at your heart but I suspect it'll be worth it. 

Here We Are Now by Jasmine Warga (goodreads)

This is one I didn't know much about going into the event. There was an audible reaction in the room with it was revealed that the rock star who shows up at the main character's door was not a love interest, bur rather the father who isn't in her life.

Three Sides Of A Heart by Various (goodreads)

Fans of love triangles will want to pick up this anthology filled with stories that feature different kinds of love triangles. The selling point for me was that I adore so many of the authors who are contributing, along with the fact that it includes different genres (paranormal, contemporary, science fiction, etc). Add in the fact that it is diverse and it easily became one of my most anticipated reads. I cannot wait to see what these authors have in store.

Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West (goodreads)

Kasie West always has incredibly cute, fluffy, feel good reads. This one sounds especially cute, and offers up the perfect novel for those looking for a little contemporary romance to brighten up their winter. 

This Darkness Mine by Minday McGinnis (goodreads)

Mindy McGinnis writes dark, and twisty reads that you devour. This Darkness Mine is no exception. It offers up a unique premise - a girl who was supposed to be a twin discovers that her twin may be insider he all along. There is a little hint of multiple personality disorder that could entire be me reading into things, but I am so excited to unravel this mystery. 

Before She Ignites by Jodie Meadows (goodreads)

Dragons! That was the main takeaway from this one. I have read it and enjoyed it. It's a fantasy read that was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to checking out the sequel.

One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake (goodreads)

After the cliffhanger of Three Dark Crowns this one was high up on my list. Not much can be said without giving spoilers but it continues the story of three sisters who are destined to fight to the death to determine who will be Queen. I love the first one so I urge you to pick it up if you haven't already. 

The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano (goodreads)

Not too many details about this one was given other than that the main character can turn living things into gem stones. This, of course, makes her a target for those who want to use her. It certainly is unique, and Lauren DeStefano has a rather pretty writing style so I predict it'll be an interesting read. 

Zenith by Lindsay Cummings and Sasha Alsberg (goodreads)

Bad ass ladies in space is how this one was sold. I've seen this one all of the place recently and think it'll catch a lot of readers attention. 

Ace Of Shades by Amanda Foody (goodreads)

I was already excited about Amanda Foody's next book, but I left this event desperate to get my hands on it. It's got everything I love - romance, gangsters, magic and lots more. It's set in what I believe is a sort of Las Vegas type setting and warring crime families seem to be at the heart of the story. 

After we heard about these amazing titles we all got a pick a "Blind Date With A Book" book. Wrapped books that had a description on them that teased what was inside. I instantly recognized the symbols on this one from The Gentleman's Guide To Vice and Virtue so I quickly snagged it!


They also had some delicious cookies made for the event. They featured The Upside of Unrequited, The Hate U Give, and Ramona Blue because ......


Julie Murphy, Angie Thomas, and Becky Albertalli were the special guests! We all were so excited to meet them. Julie is hilarious, Angie is so engaging and smart, and Becky is pure sunshine. They all incredible ladies and I was thrilled at the chance to get to hear them speak. I even got to ask a question about having their books turned into movies which lead to Becky revealing a very funny story about one of her days on set. Each of these movies sound like they are going to be incredible and I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to attend this event with these inspiring authors.

Harper also gifted each of us a swag bag filled with random ARCs, and other goodies. The Wonder Woman candle made me squeal with happiness. It smells AMAZING and is my new obsession. I need more of them. It's such a great scent. 


I would like to thank Harper Collins Canada for the invite and all the bloggers who made the afternoon so much fun. A huge thank you to Angie Thomas, Julie Murphy, and Becky Albertalli for being amazing and spending time with all of us bloggers. I cannot wait to attend the next one!

What books from this event piqued your interest? Any that you're dying to read? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...