Sunday, January 28, 2018

New To My Book Closet


It's that time of the week again. Time to show you what bookish goodies made their way into my home and book closet (to be saved from the evil book eating cat monster named Aria). This is inspired by the various "mailbox" posts out there (eg. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews)

Just one book to share this week. I picked this one up because I have been watching the American Crime Story series that is based off this book.

There was so much about this case that I didn't know before watching the show (such as the fact that there were five victims, not just Gianni Versace) and it made me want to find out a bit more.


Vulgar Favors: Andrew Cunanan, Gianni Versace, and the Largest Failed Manhunt in U.S. History
by Maureen Orth  (goodreads)


There is also a fantastic podcast called Still Watching: Versace which examines both the show and the case. I especially love that they interview the cast and other people involved to get a behind the scenes perspective of making a show like this. I wish I had found it sooner as they read the book over the holidays to prepare for the show and I would have read along with them. I am playing catch up now though. 

What bookish goodies made their way into your mailbox this week? Let me know in the comments.

Happy Weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...