Saturday, January 20, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Lots of exciting things to share this week! It's been a fun week of me flailing with my friends about a wide variety of stuff, but the biggest freak out definitely happened because of Zac Efron.

TV/MOVIE

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile begins production 

Zac Efron shared this photo on his Instagram account and basically caused me to have a bunch of discussions about it with my friends. We all had a lot to say about this photo.

copyright @ Zac Efron (linked from his Instagram)

Zac is, of course, playing Ted Bundy (if the 'Meet Ted' caption didn't already clue you in). This offers up the first look at him in character. The movie started shooting this past Thursday according to the director (and what I assume Zac was acknowledging with this photo).

OTHER

Porcelain Wolf Bath Bombs

I recently stumbled upon this bath bomb company that makes these amazing sounding horror movie inspired bath bombs. I pretty much want to try all of them. It's such a unique premise and offers up some pretty interesting sounding bath bombs.

Here are a few of my favourites from the website:

Prom Queen (inspired by Carrie)


According to the website it smells like Caramel Apple and will turn your water a blood red as it dissolves. The dark red part on top is a 'coconut glycerine soap'.

JAWSome (inspired by Jaws)


This one has a scent called  Lathyrus Odoratus Beach Breeze and it comes with a cute little Life Savers candy attached to the box. It starts off turning your water a pretty blue colour until the dark red inside starts to seep out giving the 'shark attack' effect. I was able to get one at Hot Topic and am fully in love with these bath bombs now that I have used it. It's a creepy (yet fun) effect and perfect for those who are horror movie fans. 

The Oogie Man (inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas)


The scent listed for this one is Gummy Worms which I am guessing is fruity and sweet. It also apparently comes with a pack of gummy worms candy for you to eat while enjoying this bath bomb. I really love the fun little touches (like the lights around the box) to the packaging for these.

The Nightmare (inspired by Nightmare On Elm Street)


The scent listed for this one is Cotton Candy and it turns your bath a blood red colour. The bomb itself is made to look like Freddy Kruger's sweater and the slashes on the packaging are a nice touch.

I am hoping that Hot Topic gets more of these in as I only saw JAWSome and Arachnophobia while I was there. These seem to be harder to ship to Canada, so I may have to enlist the help of a friend to get some of these.

New York Magazine's Best Performers Shot Horror Film series

I stumbled across this purely by accident. I noticed a link to New York Magazine's list of the Ten Best Performers of 2017. They celebrated by shooting some horror inspired shorts with the actors on the list. 

Actors like Timothee Chalamet, Nicole Kidman, Saoirse Ronan, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Daniel Kaluuya (just to name a few) made the list and offer up chilling performances in videos entitled things like "The Vampire", "The Cannibal", and "The Psycho Killer" (so most of them are playing off horror movie tropes).  

Timothee Chalamet as The Cannibal

They all are excellent and worth a watch if you're at all interested. You can see all of the videos by visiting the New York Times website (the videos will auto play). They are only a few minutes each (at most) and each offers up their own brand of chills.

What are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. OH I cannot wait to see Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...