Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Waiting On Wednesday ..... Sadie


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Sadie by Courtney Summers


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Sadie hasn't had an easy life. Growing up on her own, she's been raising her sister Mattie in an isolated small town, trying her best to provide a normal life and keep their heads above water. 

But when Mattie is found dead, Sadie's entire world crumbles. After a somewhat botched police investigation, Sadie is determined to bring her sister's killer to justice and hits the road following a few meagre clues to find him.

When West McCray—a radio personality working on a segment about small, forgotten towns in America—overhears Sadie's story at a local gas station, he becomes obsessed with finding the missing girl. He starts his own podcast as he tracks Sadie's journey, trying to figure out what happened, hoping to find her before it's too late. 
This novel has been compared to the Serial podcast, and seems like it is going to be catnip to my true crime obsessed self. It also sounds like we might have two stories running parallel to each other. Sadie chasing down Mattie's killer, and West following Sadie's trail. I like the idea of getting to see things through two different perspectives and that seems highly likely in this story.

I love that this is a fall release and it feels like an appropriately atmospheric read for that time of year. It might seem like a long wait, but I am fairly certain it'll be worth it.

Expected release date - September 4, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...