Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Waiting On Wednesday ... Our Kind Of Cruelty


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


In keep with this week's theme I decided to pick a book that I think true crime fans will enjoy. My pick this week is Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall.


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
This is a love story. Mike’s love story.

Mike Hayes fought his way out of a brutal childhood and into a quiet, if lonely life, before he met Verity Metcalf. V taught him about love, and in return, Mike has dedicated his life to making her happy. He’s found the perfect home, the perfect job, he’s sculpted himself into the physical ideal V has always wanted. He knows they’ll be blissfully happy together.

It doesn’t matter that she hasn’t been returning his emails or phone calls.
It doesn’t matter that she says she’s marrying Angus.

It’s all just part of the secret game they used to play. If Mike watches V closely, he’ll see the signs. If he keeps track of her every move he’ll know just when to come to her rescue…

A spellbinding, darkly twisted novel about desire and obsession, and the complicated lines between truth and perception, Our Kind of Cruelty introduces Araminta Hall, a chilling new voice in psychological suspense.
I decided to pick this novel after reading that Araminta Hall got inspiration for this novel from the Amanda Knox case. She was specifically inspired by the idea of female sexuality and the way society views it. It also sounds like a great suspense novel which will also appeal to those with an interest in true crime.

The good news is that it's not a very long wait for this one as it comes out May 8th!
 
Expected release date - May 8, 2018

1 comment:

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...