Saturday, July 14, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Last week's lack of reveals was made up for in a big way this week. So many exciting things were revealed and it'll only continue as we get closer to the fall season.

TV/MOVIE

A Simple Favor Trailer

There were some teaser trailers for this movie released previously but we now have a full length one which gives us a little bit more detail about the actual plot.




I also did not realize that this was based off a book. I discovered this fact and now want to read it as soon as I can. It's by Darcey Bell and shares a title with the movie. 

Mary, Queen Of Scots Trailer

Here we have another trailer for a movie with some Oscar buzz already attached to it. I was instantly hooked and bumped it up my 'must watch list' a few spots after this solid trailer.


Both Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan seem to be delivery impressive performances and I could easily see Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress nominations in their future. Expect the blog to have a few reviews of Oscar bait movies in the fall. 

A Simple Favour Movie Poster

A new movie poster for A Simple Favor was also released with the full length trailer. I love everything about the marketing for this movie. The balance of something sinister with such bright colours just works really well here. 


I also love the martini theme that Blake Lively's character has got going on. 

The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina Key Art

With the official key art for season one being unveiled I think we can expect a trailer and release date in the near future. I am guessing Netflix will reveal something at Comic Con and that it might be an October release (which would be all kinds of perfect).


Salem takes central focus along with the iconic headband from the comics of the same name. I am so excited for this darker revamp and that I can binge it all at once. 

You Key Art

You also release its key art and the tagline is pretty spot on for the novel this is based off of. It also make Penn Badgley seem extremely creepy (which is the entire point).


I hope that Penn nails this role because it could be a meaty one with a lot of flash. I also hope that the show leans into the more ridiculous elements of the novel. I want it to be what the book was and hope the show lets itself go to the dark and ridiculous. 

OTHER

Entertainment Weekly's Breaking Bad Reunion

Breaking Bad is one of my favourite television shows of all time. I also really like whenever Entertainment Weekly does reunion issues. I was so excited when I saw that they had reunited the cast for  the most current issue!


Canada always seems to be really behind on Entertainment Weekly issues so we probably won't get it for another week or two but I am looking forward to reading the article  (especially what Anna Gunn has to say about all that Skyler hate).

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...