Saturday, August 4, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

A small Weekly Obsessions post this week. It seems the abundance of reveals calmed down a little bit this week.

BOOKS

Prodigy by Jacqueline West (goodreads)

This book immediately caught my attention when I read the synopsis with the book deal was announced. It so intriguing.
Anders Thorson’s band, Last Things, is on the verge of stardom. While Anders shines onstage, Thea Malcolm hides among the crowds, watching his every move. At first, Anders thinks she’s just an obsessive fan, but Thea knows the truth about his talents: that Anders made a bargain with something dark and powerful, and the darkness is quickly closing in.
Sounds amazing right? It is taking that notion of a 'deal with the devil' and mixing it with becoming a rockstar. Thea also sort of sounds like a demon hunter or something since she is aware of what is going on. All of it sounds amazing.

TV/MOVIES

If Beale Street Could Talk trailer

This movie already had a ton of buzz around it for being Barry Jenkins' follow up to Moonlight. Now that the trailer has been released it certainly looks like a contender for Oscar season. It'll definitely be in the conversations and is one to watch as awards season kicks off.



This trailer is more of a tease as we don't get a full sense of what it is about. A woman attempting to free her wrongfully convicted husband from prison is the simplified version of the plot that I have seen around. It is an adaptation of a book I have not yet read but that seems to be true based on this trailer.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...