Thursday, October 25, 2018

My Sinemia Experiment: Month 3



Month three of my 'Year of Sinemia' experiment went pretty smoothly. The program worked as designed and no new program changes occurred. They even lowered the convenience fee I mentioned last recap to 1.80 per ticket. It was a great month at the movies in other words.

The three movies I saw in October with my Sinemia account were First Man, Bad Times At The El Royale, and The Hate U Give.


I enjoyed all of them in different ways and for different reasons. I have a review of First Man up on the blog and will probably also review The Hate U Give at some point (maybe early Nov) so look for those if you are curious about what I thought. My reaction to Bad Times At The El Royale is pretty much summed up by this gif:


Chris Hemsworth was super sexy in it and it was a fun ride. If you're a Chris Hemsworth fan I recommend seeing this just for him.

My savings for this month was $23.34 after taking the convenience fees into consideration. This brings my grand total savings up to $75.34 (last month's total was $52.00).  I saw First Man in IMAX which brought my savings up a bit. I am hoping to see one of my November movies in a premium format as well. There are so many movies I want to see in November that it is going to be hard to pick which three I want to see. I have counted nine movies I want to see (if they all play at Ottawa theatres on the day they are scheduled to release). It's not a bad problem to have though as it means interesting things are being released. 

This fact reminds me that Oscar season is now in full swing and the next two months are going to be filled with movies that are potential Oscar nominees. You can expect movie recaps to pop up on the blog quite a bit more during this time period as I end up crossing some movies off my must see list.

The Oscars are a big part of why I wanted to join this program in the first place. I always want to see as many of the Best Picture nominees as I can and this program is going to help make that happen. It already has me going way more often than usual and it gives me an excuse to be more proactive about attempting to get people to do things with me.

I figured I would end this post with a question: What November and December releases are you most excited to see? What ones should I have on my radar for the next two months? Let me know in the comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...