Saturday, October 13, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh (Goodreads)

Paranormal is one of my favourite genres. Vampire stories, in particular, are my favourite. You can imagine my excitement when it was announced that a new vampire series was on the way from author Renee Ahdieh. Her new series, The Beautiful, blends vampires, a murder mystery, New Orleans, and romance into what sounds like an INCREDIBLE read. I am hoping it marks the return of the paranormal genre!


The first book in the series will be released in October 2019 so it's a long wait for it but go ahead and add it to your 'to be read' list because I predict this is going to be a massive hit.

MOVIE / TELEVISION

Dirty John Trailer

One of the more current true crime podcasts to become extremely popular is now a television show. It has Connie Britton in it (just in case the whole true crime thing wasn't enough for me to watch it) and look really intense (and really good).



Eric Bana is nailing this charming/scary thing his character has going on. Connie Britton looks amazing as always. I have high hopes for this one.

Tell Me A Story Trailer

A new show on CBS All Access that takes fairytales and puts a modern and dark twist on them. The first season's trailer has me pretty convinced that I could become OBSESSED with this show.



I see Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Hansel and Gretel being adapted in the first season. I love anything that is a retelling of fairytales and this has a darkness that I think is going to be really interesting.

Daredevil Season Three Trailer

Daredevil is one of my favourite Netflix/Marvel series. I love the characters and the world that they have created in the first two seasons. This third season looks to be even better than the previous ones though and I cannot wait!


You could say that Marvel / Netflix hit the bullseye with this one (pun totally intended). I am so pumped for this upcoming season. It looks dark, and the new villain is already giving me chills. There is a second, more spoiler filled video that Netflix also released if you want to learn more about the newest bad guy Matt will have to deal with.

The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina Trailer

I shared the teaser trailer for this a little while back. I thought I was excited but the full length trailer has somehow made me even more so.

The tone is perfect. It balances the humour with what looks like some serious scares.


Harvey is already adorable. Salem is already perfect. I love Sabrina's Aunts already. This is going to be one fun Halloween binge!

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...