Tuesday, January 15, 2019

My Sinemia Experiment: Month Five



Month five of my "Year Of Sinemia' experiment was interesting when added to the general holiday craziness that always ensues. I was able to use all of my passes for the month though and saw some great movies. 

This month's wrap up will be shorter than previous ones. December was seriously a blur thanks to how buzy I was and the movies were just a nice escape from that for me. It was nice to use my passes as a way to unwind from the stress so I discovered that extra bonus this month!

The three movies I saw in December with my Sinemia account were A Star Is Born (again), The Favourite, and Spider-man: Into The Spider-verse


I had already seen A Star Is Born (obviously) but I wanted to go see it in IMAX when they did the re-release and added the special 'making of' featurette (yup, I am THAT person). I also saw The Favourite which I loved so much. It's a darkly funny movie that featured some great performances. I also loved Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse. It is my personal pick for the Animated Feature Oscar. It's not just a great Spiderman movie, but a great superhero one as well.

My savings for this month was $25.10 after taking the convenience fees into consideration. This brings my grand total savings up to $119.78 (last month's total was $94.68). I am saving quite a bit but I have basically acknowledged that my concession spending really negates any savings I am getting on the ticket price. 

The good thing about this month of Sinemia? Basically no tech issues. I booked all of the tickets without incident and I was able to check in with zero issues. I am (perhaps naively) hoping this means they've begun to sort out their app. It's been a pretty good experience on my end compared to some of the others I have heard about so I am thankful for that at least.

As we close in on a half a year I am starting to consider if I'll sign up again for another year. It's still too early for me to decide, but I know I have enjoyed going to the movies. It think it would be hard to go back to not going as often.

I've already used two of my Jan tickets this early in the year. I have been catching up on some likely Oscar contenders that have finally made their way into Ottawa. I am excited to share more about them in my next round up!

February looms with even less choices of movies than Jan. I need some serious recommendations for movies I should go see next month. Let me know what you're excited for in February in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...