Sunday, October 11, 2020

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every weekend. 


BOOK

Cover of If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy (goodreads)

Disney is launching a new adult series that reimagines classic Disney Princesses in a contemporary setting. The first book in the 'Meant To Be' series is If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy.


Amazing cover and I am so excited to read this twist on Cinderella. It's pretty much a Disney rom-com and I am definitely the target audience.

Cover of Darling by K. Ancrum (goodreads)

I love Peter Pan retellings. I especially love those that twist the classic tale and this one is definitely doing just that with its darker take on the boy who wouldn't grown up.


How amazing is this cover though? It's stunning. It is a cover that makes you pause and read the synopsis when you see it on the shelf at the bookstore. I cannot wait to add it to my own bookshelf.

TV/MOVIES

Promising Young Woman Poster

I love everything about this. Absolutely everything.


This poster immediately captures what this movie is and what it is about. I have been looking forward to this one since the first trailer was released and I am so happy to see it back on the release schedule. 

Mank Trailer

David Fincher + Old Hollywood = made for me. I have been very excited about this movie pretty much from the second I heard about it. It revolves around the making of Citizen Cane with particular attention to the relationship between Orson Welles and Herman Mankiewicz as they wrote the script.

 

It looks like a classic Hollywood movie! The cinematography is incredible. The cast seems pretty stacked as well. I predict a lot of Oscar nominations and perhaps even some wins.

Promising Young Woman Trailer

This is probably one of the best trailers I've ever seen. It's so captivating. It's a timely look at an important topic given a revenge slant. 


I am going to be interested to see how people react to this because it seems made to cause a REACTION. It is going to be controversial just based on the trailers and I am very excited for the conversation that is going to come from this.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...