Friday, November 27, 2020

2021 Most Anticipated - Take Me Home Tonight

The next book on my 2021 most anticipated list made me do a happy dance when I heard the announcement. Kind of like this gif right here:


Turns out this gif is appropriate for a couple of reasons as the book has a bit in common with the movie it is from. The book in question is Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson.


The Goodreads synopsis is pretty much guaranteed to make you want to read this book, especially if you are a fan of Morgan's previous books.. 
Two girls. One night. Zero phones.

Kat and Stevie—best friends, theater kids, polar opposites—have snuck away from the suburbs to spend a night in New York City. They have it all planned out. They’ll see a play, eat at the city’s hottest restaurant, and have the best. Night. Ever. What could go wrong?

Well. Kind of a lot?

They’re barely off the train before they’re dealing with destroyed phones, family drama, and unexpected Pomeranians. Over the next few hours, they’ll have to grapple with old flames, terrible theater, and unhelpful cab drivers. But there are also cute boys to kiss, parties to crash, dry cleaning to deliver (don’t ask), and the world’s best museum to explore.

Over the course of a wild night in the city that never sleeps, both Kat and Stevie will get a wake-up call about their friendship, their choices…and finally discover what they really want for their future.

That is, assuming they can make it to Grand Central before the clock strikes midnight.
Here are the top three reasons I cannot wait to get my hands on this book:

1. It takes place all in one night. It's one of the things that this book has in common with Adventures in Babysitting. It would seem from the synopsis that everything that can go wrong will go wrong but they'll have an unforgettable adventure as a result.

2. The New York City setting. New York is one of my favourite cities. It has so much to explore and the things you can do are always changing. There is just something kind of magical about it and I predict Morgan will capture that.

3. The friendship angle. Some of my favourite books by Morgan Matson focus on friendship. This one seems to be driven by the relationship between the two main characters. 

I also want to highlight the playlist that Morgan created for this book. Her playlists are always amazing and can give you a good sense of the vibe the book will have. I highly recommend listening to the one for Take Me Home Tonight. You can access it on Spotify.


Take Me Home Tonight releases May 4, 2021 which means I'll be able to keep the tradition of reading a Morgan Matson book while enjoying some ice cream sitting outside. Be sure to use some of those holiday gift cards to preorder yourself a copy.

You can find out more about Morgan by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Be sure to stop by on Tuesday to find out the next book on my 2021 most anticipated list. The event will take a break on Monday so I can talk about the first movie in the Secret Movie Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...