Tuesday, January 12, 2021

2021 Reading Challenges


I am taking part in a few different reading challenges this year and wanted to share so everyone could follow my progress.

First up is a reading challenge hosted by the ladies over at the What You Should Read podcast. If you're a fan of The Bachelor you'll definitely want to take part but it can really be done by anyone with the book prompts being pretty open.

Here are my choices for the books I will read:

1. Tayshia Adams: A book by a Black or Latina author - Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant

2. Bachelor Nation: A book about or set in a reality dating show - If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy

3. Chris "The Most Dramatic Season Ever" Harrison: A book about or set in a theatre or a book featuring a play - Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli

4. First impression rose: An author's debut book - Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles

5. One - on - One date: A romance novel - One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston

6. Group date: A book that is part of a series - Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

7. Two -on-one date: A book written from two POV's - My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland

8. Not here to make friends: A book featuring a strong friendship group - Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli

9. Here for the right reasons: A book with a main character facing a moral dilemma - Marriage for One by Ella Maise

10. Hometown dates: A book set in you hometown or the town/city you live in now - Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine

11. Fantasy suites: A fantasty book - Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard

12. Men/Women tell all: A gossipy 'tell-all' celebrity memoir - Open Book by Jessica Simpson

13. After the final rose: A sequel, or a book with a sequel  - Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

It states that I am allowed to use the same book for multiple prompts and so I have where appropriate. I may have gotten a few recommendations from friends and I am looking forward to reading all of these.

Next up is a challenge I saw floating around Twitter. I am not sure who the first person to come up with this was so if it was you please let me know so I can credit you properly.

The idea is to get twelve friends to recommend twelve books and you read one a month. I reached out and got people to recommend some titles and certainly have come up with a delightful mix of genres.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

Are you doing any reading challenges this year? Are you taking part in the same ones I am by chance? Let me know in the comments as I would love to see your reading lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...