Thursday, July 8, 2021

Best Movies of 2021 .... so far!

 

I recently shared my favourite books of 2021 since we've reached the halfway point of the year. I decided to also check in with my movie watching to see what movies have stood out to me so far this year.

I am only considering movies that I watched for the first time this year. They do not have to be released this year though so there may be some older movies included. These are in no particular order.

1. Promising Young Woman

It was my personal favourite of that Oscar season and I thought Carey Mulligan was incredible in it. 

2. Minari

This movie (and its great performances) will charm you. It is a quiet, but resonating watch.

3. Judas and the Black Messiah

Daniel Kaluuya's Oscar winning performance is just one of the many reasons to see this film. 

4. Collateral 

Yes, the Jamie Fox / Tom Cruise movie. It is one of the few Tom Cruise performances that I enjoyed and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked this one.

5. North By Northwest

One of my favourite Cary Grant films and a Hitchcock classic. It hit the notes a film of the genre has to while still feeling fresh and inventive.

6. Final Girls 

A fun movie that plays with horror tropes in interesting ways. 

This list was MUCH harder to make compared to my book selections. I left off movies that I really enjoyed (Jennifer's Body and The Father for example) but wanted to keep it small. I've had an excellent movie year so far and it is only going to get better as we head into the fall movie season.

What are some of your favourite movies that you watched this year? Any upcoming movies you are especially excited for? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...