Monday, July 5, 2021

Monthly TBR and Wrap Up

It's July and I am already eager to be in autumn. I am looking forward to spooky books, horror movies, and everything pumpkin spice. Summer has never really been my favourite and that feels extra true this year. 

Before sharing what I hope to read this month I have to recap June first.

The books that were on my list are:

Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson (goodreads)
Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard (goodreads)

Plus I had some ebooks on my list:

Animal by Lisa Taddeo (goodreads)
Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)
One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston (goodreads)
Blackout by Multiple Authors (goodreads)
Survive the Night by Riley Sager (goodreads)
Darling by K Ancrum (goodreads)

Here is what I managed to read in June:

Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (goodreads)
Blackout by Multiple Authors (goodreads)
Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)
Survive the Night by Riley Sager (goodreads)
When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole (goodreads)

I managed to get in five books this month. I am hoping for more this month. I will have a bit more time so that will hopefully turn into more reading time.
 
My #PopCultureResolution book for June was I Am Watching You by Teresa Discoll. The movie was Sinister. I reviewed the movie if you are interested in checking that out. The book did not come in from my library holds until the end of the month so I am reading it now.

Here is what I hope to read in July:


Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper by Hilary Liftin (goodreads)
Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney (goodreads)
I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll (goodreads)
Five Little Indians by Michelle Good (goodreads)

I also have some ebooks I am hoping to get to:





Animal by Lisa Taddeo (goodreads)
One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston (goodreads)
Darling by K Ancrum (goodreads)
Isn't It Bromantic by Lyssa Kay Adams (goodreads)
If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy (goodreads)

My #PopCultureResolution picks for this month are Survive the Night by Riley Sager and Frailty. I have read (and loved) Survive the Night (and it is already reviewed). I am excited to check out Frailty though! 

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

July's pick for my '12 friends, 12 books' reading challenge is The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller so I'll be getting to that at some point this month. I am almost done with The Miseduction of Cameron Post so expect an update next month.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor I have no books to scratch off the list, but I am hoping to change that in the August update.

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...