Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas


Look at this cover!! Now take a moment and read the Goodreads synopsis (I'll wait). This novel sounds like it's going to be filled with fun twists and the premise sounds intriguing. My curiosity was piqued when I read it was inspired by a true crime case (it's pretty obvious which one). I can not wait to get my hands on this.

TV

The Following

I was expecting this to be good. What I was not expecting? Kevin Bacon and James Purfoy to have such amazing "chemistry" (for lack of a better term). They play off each other so well. The end scene was straight up intense, and made the show. It had a very Lecter/Starling vibe to it, and I enjoyed every tense second of it.

This show kept me on the edge of my seat and I can only hope it keeps up it's killer pacing for the rest of the season.

MOVIE

Warm Bodies

I was fortunate to see this at an advance screening. I was not sure what to expect, but the movie really surprised me. Funnier than I was expecting, sweet and rather romantic. Nicholas Hoult was super charming as "R". I am dying to read the book now to see if the humour translates the same. The studio gave us these really cute and fun valentines.


OTHER

Ottawa Book Blogger Meet Up

This event is starting to come together, and it's going to be VERY exciting. I can't wait to recap it and am very much looking forward to meeting a bunch of new bloggers.

A Glass of Wine's second blogiversary

My little blog is turning 2 on January 28th. It's pretty crazy that so much has happened in the past two years! Look out for a giveaway to celebrate.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...