Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday ....... The Jewel


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is The Jewel by Amy Ewing


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty––because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence . . . and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.
Stunning cover right? It's the synopsis though that has me so excited to get my hands on this one. It sounds like this one is going to be a major title for Harper Collins in the fall season. Oh, and it just became a Book Expo America Buzz Book selection. Yup, NEED!

Expected release date - September 2, 2014

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Stunning cover indeed! Adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this on my maybe list for the fall (mostly because I was worried about similarities to The Selection) but then saw the BEA Buzz Books list and it became a definite must read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...