Friday, December 9, 2016

2017 Most Anticipated - Such A Good Girl




The next book I picked has a main character who sounds like she may have been inspired by one of my favourite female characters ever.


Amy Dunne from Gone Girl is complex, and unlike any female character I had read before. Riley Stone is a character who seems to be modeled after Amy. Riley is perfect (or so appearances would have you believe) but it is evident there is more going on underneath.


The Goodreads synopsis is pretty sparse which leads me to believe that there are plenty of secrets waiting to be discovered with the pages of this book.
Riley Stone is just about perfect. (Ask anyone.)
She has a crush on her French teacher, Alex Belrose. (And she suspects he likes her, too.)
Riley has her entire life planned out. (The plan is nonnegotiable.)
She's never had a secret she couldn't keep. (Not ever.)
Riley is sure that her life is on the right track. (And nothing will change that.)
She's nothing like a regular teenager. (But she doesn't have any problem admitting that.)
Riley doesn't usually play games. (But when she does, she always wins.)

She thinks a game is about to start…
But Riley always has a plan…
And she always wins. 
A student teacher relationship, a girl who plays to win, and what sounds like a possible twisted main character all have me VERY excited to pick up this book.

Amanda has kindly taken the time to answer a few questions about Such A Good Girl.

1 Twitter pitch Such A Good Girl (140 characters or less)

Wow, this was tough!  I stole this from the description and shortened it a bit:  "Pretty Little Liars meets Luckiest Girl Alive in this novel about a perfect girl who's willing to do anything to make sure it stays that way"

2 If someone were to make a signature ice cream in honour of your book, what might be included?

Oh, man!  I'd say a TON of chocolate, with bits of cookie dough and fudge, and a few nuts.

3 Name a song you listed to for inspiration while writing this novel (if you didn't listen to music let me know and I can quickly send another question) 

I didn't actually listen to this song WHILE I was writing, but my friend Lexi Larsen, who is a singer songwriter, wrote a song called "Bad" that is debuting next month that is PERFECT for this book.  We have talked about it being the theme song for Such a Good Girl!

4 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel?

Maybe back to the Victoria era, just to try on the dresses - or back to just before I was born, so I could meet my grandfathers.

5 What 2017 release are you most anticipating?

The Adjustment by Suzanne Young!  She's one of my critique partners and great friends, and I love everything she writes. :)

6 If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of Such A Good Girl

Something to know about Riley Stone:

1) Riley Elizabeth Stone is just about perfect.  Ask anyone.


I am so excited to find out what secrets this book holds! I am expecting it to be a fun, twisty, thrilling read and with its June 20, 2017 release date it'll be perfect for those of you looking for a beach read that is not contemporary romance.

It is available for pre-order from your favourite retailer right now.


You can also follow Mackenzi on Twitter, visit her website, and the publisher website for all the details about Such A Good Girl.

Do you love 'grip lit' books? Let me know in the comments!

Be sure to stop by Monday to find out the next book that made this year's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...