Saturday, October 21, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

So many covers have been revealed as the cover season for books releasing in summer of 2018 has arrived! There have also been a ton of movie and tv show trailers that have released.

BOOK

Cover of Ace Of Shades by Amanda Foody (goodreads)

I have been excited about this book since the moment I read the deal announcement. It has a Las Vegas like setting, and what sounds like gangsters which sound make for an interesting read.


I love the cover. It matches the synopsis perfectly.I love the way the cards are incorporated and the colour scheme. It only makes me even more excited for this to be released.

Cover of Katie Cotugno's 9 Days and 9 Nights (goodreads)

Katie Cotugno's covers are always adorable, and her newest is no exception.


I love that it takes plan while the characters are on a European trip. I love that is a sequel of sorts to 99 Days. I am really excited to see what is next for these characters and just to have another Katie Cotugno book to look forward to.

Cover of Side by Side by Jenni L Walsh (goodreads)

It is no secret that I loved Jenni L Walsh's Becoming Bonnie. The sequel (which can be read as a stand alone) has a cover and it is awesome!


It instantly fits the Bonnie Parker that Jenni L Walsh has created. It also hints at the tragic ending to Bonnie and Clyde's story. I am beyond excited to both read this and add it to my bookshelf.

MOVIE/TV

New Stranger Things Season Two Trailer

IT IS ALMOST HERE! We are less than a week away from the second season of Stranger Things. It's been a long wait but this new trailer has me thinking it is going to be more than worth that wait.


The scene where Mike is telling Will that Eleven would 'understand' because she always did. My heart is already breaking at the thought of Mike telling Will about this girl that Will never met. A girl that was so important to Mike and was such a large part of Will's story. I cannot wait for Will and Eleven to eventually meet. They have a lot to discuss. I also love the perfect scene that shows the return of Steve's baseball bat! 

Trailer for My Friend Dahmer (full length)

A teaser trailer for this movie was released and I was hooked. The full length trailer has been revealed and I am even more interested in checking it out.



The buzz is that Ross Lynch gives an incredible and chill inducing performance. The movie is based off a graphic name by the same name written by guy who was friends with Jeffrey Dahmer in high school (played by Alex Wolff in the movie). The book is by Derf Backderf for those wanting to check it out.

I, Tonya teaser trailer

The Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan story is infamous. We've all heard about it even if we're not huge figure skating fans. A new movie is set to release, based of a book also titled I, Tonya, and the first teaser trailer has been released.


It immediately sets the tone of the movie. I feel like I know exactly what I am gong to get with this movie and I am excited to see a full length trailer soon!

Mindhunter

I have finished binge watching this series and cannot praise it enough. It's a slow burn that feels like it had the exact payoff that I wanted it to at the end of the season. The characters are all rich and complex. Holden Ford, Jonathan Groff's character, in particular stands out to me. You could have lengthy discussions about the journey his character takes, and the changes that happen over the season. 

There is a chilling set up for the second season (I read that they have plans for 5 with detailed story arcs for all 5 seasons) that has me already counting down the days until I can watch it. There is another serial killer for them to hunt, and plenty more for them to interview.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...