Friday, August 16, 2019

Books I Cannot Wait To Read This Fall


How is it almost the end of August? This summer seems to have flown by. We're about two weeks away from the end of the month and with it comes my favourite time of year. I cannot wait for cozy blankets, pumpkin spice everything, beautifully coloured leaves, and sweater weather. It's honestly my favourite season and for many reasons but one of the biggest reasons is that it is the best time for amazing books, movies, and television. We're typically treated to an abundance of goodness during this time from all of our entertainment sources and I cannot wait to dive in.

There are some books that I already have on my radar and that I think should be on your radar too! I am going to share the ten that I am, perhaps, the most excited about.

1 The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh

New Orleans, vampires, and a murder mystery. Enough said but throw in the fact that it is also a historically set novel and I am fully on board. I am so glad that vampires seem to be making a comeback and cannot wait to see Renee's take on them.

2 Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

The fact that this is written by Leigh Bardugo is kind of enough for me to want to read this one. That is also happens to be her adult debut is just icing on the already tempting cake. This one is about secret societies, the occult, and what seems like possible supernatural/paranormal components (if I hear correctly). It is basically perfect for October.

3 American Royals by Katharine McGee

What if instead of a President America had their own version of royalty? That is the exact premise of this new book from Katharine McGee. Her books usually have a lot fun drama, and some great twists. It'll be perfect for those wanting to offset all the horror, and spooky entertainment on offer during the season.

4 The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams

A romance novel with the fantastic premise of a guy joining an all male romance reading book club in an attempt to save his failing marriage. It sounds funny, fun, and entirely unique.

Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin

A forbidden romance between a witch and a witch hunter was the big draw to this book for me. It also doesn't hurt that this will be perfect for Halloween with witches and magic taking the main focus.

6 Crier's War by Nina Varela

Automae have risen against their human owner's and humans now serve them. Naturally an Automae and a human are falling in love and a rebellion/war might be brewing. This sounds like a fantastic start to a series that could be filled with action, adventure, and romance.

7 Capturing The Devil by Kerri Maniscalco

The final installment in the Stalking Jack The Ripper series that is basically made for the Halloween season. This one take some true crime inspiration in the form of H. H. Holmes and offers up a Chicago setting this time.

Not the Girl You Marry by Andie J. Christopher

This series takes famous rom-coms and gives them a twist. This is inspired by "How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days" and is the start of a series of companion novels. It sound fun and again offers something for those not into all of the spooky stuff on offer during this time period.

9 Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory

I have loved all of Jasmine Guillory's other books and I am confident that this is going to be no exception. A story of a woman who goes with her daughter (who we've met in previous books) to Europe for a work trip and ends up falling for the private secretary for the royal family is sure to be the perfect way to end a day of holiday shopping. I cannot wait to read this and get into the holiday spirit.

10 Disgraceland: Musicians Getting Away With Murder and Behaving Very Badly by Jake Brennan

I love the Disgraceland podcast and this book that will look at both musicians covered on the podcast and those haven't been is going to be perfect for anyone interested in true crime. Jake's writing is so good on the podcast that I have no doubts this is going to be amazing.

What books are you most excited to read this fall? Any of mine make your own list? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...