Sunday, August 18, 2019

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Another Sunday post. A lot of trailers to share this week and a new podcast that I am absolutely loving.

I binged the second season of Mindhunter and absolutely loved it. I am debating reviewing it so you might see one on here next week.

Speaking of next week... this might be a little sparse as I am heading to Orlando for two days and it is going to be a quick, packed week but I am going to do my best to have regular posts on the blog.

TV/MOVIES

Trailer For Little Women

This trailer had been much anticipated by fans of not just the actors involved but Greta Gerwig as well. It was finally released and was well worth the wait.


Those who are fans of Little Women seems to really love the trailer. I was certainly charmed by it and cannot wait to go see this. As long as it is showing in Ottawa on Boxing Day I think that is going to be how I spend the afternoon after Christmas.

Trailer For Last Christmas

This trailer certainly garnered a lot of discussion on Twitter for various reasons. I'll let you watch it before getting into my thoughts.

  

So I have a specific theory about Henry Golding's character and none of them are indicative of a happy ending for this movie. I wanted a cute holiday rom-com and I think we're getting something else entirely. I am pretty sure it is going to have more in common with It's A Wonderful Life than people were anticipating. The script was apparently inspired by the Wham! song Last Christmas.  Unrelated side note - how charming is Henry Golding in this?!

Last Christmas Poster

The poster for Last Christmas was also revealed and it's super cute. It makes me wish we were getting the rom-com I wanted this to be.


The tag line makes me even more convinced we're getting something more in line with It's A Wonderful Life.

OTHER

Lover By Taylor Swift

Taylor released another song from her upcoming album and it is PERFECTION. It is romantic, and sweet and exactly what I hoped this album would have on it.


It's got some amazing lyrics but these may just be my favourite:
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?
They capture so perfectly the kind of connection people want to have. It's a beautiful song.

You Must Remember This Podcast (link)

I came across this podcast after having it recommended to me and I am absolutely obsessed. It's a podcast that tells the 'secret or forgotten history of Hollywood's first century' as the host, Karina Longworth, explains at the opening of every episode


Anyone who is into Hollywood, particularly classic Hollywood, should listen to this. It's well researched, well presented and edited, and entirely entertaining. It's made me want to watch some of the movies discussed, read some of the books mentioned, and dive deeper into stories being told.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...