Sunday, August 25, 2019

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Sunday post this week thanks to a really quick trip to Orlando. I am probably behind on so many things but here is what is making me excited this week.

TV/MOVIES

A Marriage Story Trailers And Posters

This movie already had Oscar buzz before the release of the trailers but after watching both of these I think it might be warranted.

This is a story of a marriage crumbling and these trailers managed to make me invested in these characters. I also love the 'his and hers' marketing that they are doing for this.




Along with  these two trailers we get two movie posters that compliment each other. These seem to reflect a west coast / east coast vibe. Nicole is California and Charlie is New York, maybe?


I love the colour palette used for these two posters. They both invoke a specific feeling and I imagine that is going to come into play in the movie as well. It's high up on my list of movies to check out during Oscar season.

El Camino Trailer

I am both excited for and terrified of this movie being a thing. I loved Breaking Bad. It is easily one of my top five television shows EVER. Jesse Pinkman remains one of my favourite characters from a television show. I am one of those people who think that revivals/continuations/etc are a double edged sword. You are getting more of something you love BUT it has a high chance of being disappointing or ruining what you loved so much about the show in question



This trailer seems like it is going to answer the question of what happened to Jesse Pinkman after the events of Breaking Bad and I have such a detailed head cannon of what I wanted for that character that I am probably going to be disappointed in anything else (he better have kept driving that car all the way to Alaska and became a carpenter). I do, however, trust Vince Gilligan and the rest of his team to create something amazing. We'll see how it all plays out but I really don't want Jesse Pinkman to suffer anymore, he did that enough.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...