Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Waiting On Wednesday ... Jack Kerouac Is Dead To Me


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Jack Kerouac Is Dead To Me


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Fifteen-year-old JL Markham's life used to be filled with carnival nights and hot summer days spent giggling with her forever best friend Aubrey about their families and boys. Together, they were unstoppable. But they aren't the friends they once were.

With JL's father gone on long term business, and her mother suffering from dissociative disorder, JL takes solace in the in the tropical butterflies she raises, and in her new, older boyfriend, Max Gordon. Max may be rough on the outside, but he has the soul of a poet (something Aubrey will never understand). Only, Max is about to graduate, and he's going to hit the road - with or without JL.

JL can't bear being left behind again. But what if devoting herself to Max not only means betraying her parents, but permanently losing the love of her best friend? What becomes of loyalty, when no one is loyal to you?
My friend Kelly is a huge fan of Gae's books so I am lucky enough that this one came to be on my radar because of her fangirling over it when she finished reading it.

The synopsis sounds like it could be an emotional read and something that fans of contemporary young adult novels should have on their own radars.

This doesn't come out until spring next year, but you can find all of Gae's other books out now (and I have been told that they are equally as good).

Expected release date - April 7, 2020

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited about this book to. I adored Polisner's last book, In Sight of Stars, and know I want to read more from her.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...