Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why I Love Books..



I recently finished reading a book for my book club. My club had selected ‘The Other Wes Moore’ by Wes Moore. It was one of those books that for some people could be life changing. I saw the potential for this book to really make a huge difference in some people’s lives. It got me thinking about novels, and the impact they have on people. As I talked to other people about this book I realize that everyone has one, and everyone has a story that goes with it. I am talking about that one book….the book that changed you.

There are many different ways that books change us. They can change the way we think, they can teach us things we never knew, and can even make us fall in love with reading again. The amazing this is that one book can mean so many things to different readers.

My “changed me” book is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I had been in a reading slump and had even stopped reading for awhile. I decided to pick up JK Rowling’s book on the suggestion of a friend. She knew how much I used to love reading, and that I was upset to not really feel the same way about it anymore. She convinced me to give it a try, and I am so glad she did. I devoured it in one sitting and immediately went to get book 2. It made me remember what exactly I loved about reading - the ability books have to take you and completely immerse you into a different world. I fell in love with reading again and have happily immersed myself into my love affair with books ever since. I will be forever thankful for this series and the fact that I started to read it when I did.

I love that novels have the power to make you feel, make you care and maybe even speak to you in a way that you never expected. The fact that they can touch you in anyway speaks to the power of words.

I want to thank authors everywhere. Somewhere out there is a reader that was changed because of YOUR words so for that you deserve a round of applause.

So what is your book? What book made a difference in your life?

3 comments:

  1. Great post!! And I totally agree... Books have definitely changed my life. I have rediscovered my love of reading, and am so thankful that I have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I've always been a reader - I don't remember a time without a book lounging somewhere beside me. I really can think of no better way to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I am never without a book they are the perfect accessory.
    I am a huge Potter fan!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...