Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mini Review - Mila 2.0 Origins: The Fire by Debra Driza



Mila 2.0 - Origins: The Fire By Debra Driza
Release Date – January 8, 2013
Publisher Website - Harper Collins
Publisher Social Media - Twitter/Facebook/SavvyReader
Pages - 15 pages
My Rating- 4/5
**Free KoBo book**

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Heart-stopping and electric, MILA 2.0: Origins: The Fire contains a short prequel story and an excerpt to MILA 2.0, the first book in a riveting Bourne Identity–style trilogy by Debra Driza.

Mila can't remember anything before the fire that took her father's life. It's normal to have some memory loss after traumatic events, but Mila doesn't remember if she's ever learned to ride a bike, or if she's ever been in love. Nothing.

What she doesn't know is that she isn't supposed to remember—that she was built in a computer science lab and programmed to forget. Because if she remembers, she might discover her true identity.

The question is: If she relived the fire, what would she see?
Debra Driza uses only fifteen pages to hook me into her story. A tense, fast moving glimpse at a devastating fire that left me wanting to grab my copy of Mila 2.0 and read it immediately.

This novella really just sets up a captivating mystery. The fire, what or who caused it, and another delicious twist at the end that is potentially too good to ruin. Mila's very human reactions to getting out of the house, and desperation to find her parents set up her character. The synopsis mentions her very human characteristics and these short fifteen pages make it evident.

The novella runs rather short, and I do wish it had been a touch longer. I could not get a proper feel for the author's writing, but there is potential for Mila 2.0 to be really captivating. In the end, this novella intrigued me enough to bump Mila 2.0 up my reading list, which is kind of the entire point.

 A quick novella that teases and piqued my interest immensely. If you are planning on reading Mila 2.0 this is a quick, action packed read that will set the tone and feel perfectly before you dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...