Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Endless by Jessica Shirvington



Endless by Jessica Shirvington
Release Date - October 1, 2013
Publisher Website -  Sourcebooks Fire/Raincoast Books
Publisher Social Media -  Twitter
Pages - 480 pages
My Rating - 3.5/5
**obtained for review from publisher**

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
LOVE WILL KILL US ALL
Violet Eden thought she was getting things under control. Then all hell breaks loose-literally. In the war between angels and exiles, she's about to face the biggest baddie of all time. Except she's not nearly ready.
The dark exile Phoenix is still messing with her head-not to mention her heart. And her undeniable attraction to Lincoln has gotten downright dangerous. When Hell unleashes its worst, Violet must embrace every facet of her angel self to save the people she cares about and the world as she knows it. But death is not the worst thing she will face...
The Violet Eden Chapters series keeps getting better with each installment. Family takes the spotlight as Violet's family life is turned upside down with the reappearance of her mother, and things slowly build to the breaking point.

Violet Eden's story has seen many ups and downs. She's had some pretty life changing, crushing things thrown at her. The end of Emblaze throws the biggest by having her mother return.

This chapter in the story allows us to introduce Violet' mother Evelyn. Her shocking appearance at the end of Emblaze left me eager to get my hands on the next book. Having her back creates a tension separate from the angel/demon drama that is going on in Violet's life. It reminds you that even though she may have been touched by the supernatural, her problems at time can be all too human. Violet's father also undergoes a change from having Evelyn back in his life. Their family dynamic gets thrown into a tailspin, and secrets come gushing out. It was refreshing to have the focus on Violet's family, even if the outside threats are still at their heels.

With Violet's mother, we also have a returned Lilith. She's a fascinating, deadly character who is going to shape the final in the most dangerous ways. The questions that arise in having both her and Evelyn back play out throughout the novel, creating a tension that will have potentially huge ramifications for the next installment.

The romance is my favourite part of this series. It's sexy, captivating, and intoxicating. Violet's torn between Linc and Phoenix. Her decision only gets harder as each suitor shows a different side of themselves as the series goes on. Phoenix is the dangerous bad boy who is hiding something, and Linc is the guy whose always been there for her. Linc really won me over in Emblaze, and well I think Violet's heart is won, her feelings for the other guy are obvious. She wants the other one to be okay, and as a result the reader does too.

While Endless is not my favourite in the series, that honour goes to Emblaze, it's still an important installment in Violet's story. This is Violet hitting bottom. This is what needs to happen to prepare her for what's to come, even if the ending did almost kill me. This is what is going to lead to her ultimate decision in the final book. It feels like an set up for what's to come, because it had a slower pace than the others.

Violet has to make some tough decisions before the final chapter of Endless. These decisions set up what I expect will be an epic finale. A series that has impressed me with it's danger, sexiness, and intense main character. Those who have loved Violet's story so far will eagerly race through this installment. I, personally, am excited to see how it's all going to end.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love everything about this series! Each book is better than the last in my opinion. I cannot wait to find out what happens after the ending in EMBLAZE. And yes, I completely agree with you about the romance in this series, that is a big part that keeps me coming back to these books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...