Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up and TBR

I cannot believe April is already over. It definitely flew by on my end. I am still adjusting to my new role so I am not 100 percent back to blogging as much as I wish I was. 

Leading in to the summer I am hoping to read more books and am looking forward to peppering in more light, fun reads. 

Before I talk about what May will bring for me reading wise I have to recap April. 

The books that were on my list are:

A Night to Die For by Lisa Schroeder (goodreads)
Anatomy by Dana Schwartz  (goodreads)

I also had some ebooks that I hoped to read:

The Club by Ellery Lloyd (goodreads)
Birds of California by Katie Cotugno (goodreads)
Groupies by Sarah Priscus (goodreads)
How to Fake it in Hollywood by Ava Wilder (goodreads)

Here is what I managed to read in March:

Heartstopper: Volume 1 by Alice Oseman (goodreads)
Fresh by Margot Wood (goodreads)
The Club by Ellery Lloyd (goodreads)
A Night to Die For by Lisa Schroeder (goodreads)

I managed to read four books this month. I am going to call that a win because my work/life balance has not been great recently. 

My #PopCultureResolution book for March was Saga: Volume One by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples, which I managed to read and will review soon. The movie was A Star is Born and that has already been reviewed.

Here is what I hope to read in May:




Anatomy by Dana Schwartz  (goodreads)
I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston (goodreads)

I also have some ebooks that I am hoping to get to:



Birds of California by Katie Cotugno (goodreads)
Groupies by Sarah Priscus (goodreads)
How to Fake it in Hollywood by Ava Wilder (goodreads)

My #PopCultureResolution picks for this month are Heartstopper by Alice Oseman. I had switched it and Monstress in my reading list because my library hold of Heartstopper took a bit to come in. I have already read it and it is amazing! My review is up if you want to read it. My movie is Funny Girl. I am excited to watch it soon! 

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

I am not doing any new reading challenges this year. My goal is to finish the one from last year so I am posting what I have left to read here. I have made no progress, but hopefully I can scratch these off this summer.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor. No progress to report this month, but i am hoping to sneak in one this month. We'll see how it goes. 

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...