Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blogger Hops!



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: Question: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

Um, way too many.

I think the books I recommend the most are The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Stolen, anything by Stephanie Perkins, anything by Cassandra Clare, Divergent, and Forbidden. I recommend them for different reasons and to different people. It totally depends on what that person is looking for, and their reading habits.



TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

Q. Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?


I think it is really hard to select one. I always end up liking the book better. The book to movie adaptation I've watched over and again is Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly version) so I like that one a lot. Do biographies count? If so Goodfellas based on the novel Wiseguy is one of my all time favourite movies. I also love Stand By Me that is based on a Stephen King novella The Body.




Sigh...River Phoenix. I can't watch the end of this without crying.

Happy weekend and Happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. TOTALLY agree with your Christmas answer.... Mara Dyer, Divergent and Stephanie's books are running low in stock at the North Pole because every girl and boy, both naughty and nice, is begging for a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of bookish things in common. I love Stephanie Perkins and Mara Dyer was a great read. Nice gift giving choices.
    New follower from FF.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I love P&P 2005. I especially love Matthew Macfadyen. The BBC production is great too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh yes definitely. Anything by those authors you've listed is amazing and I would gift all those books to my friends if I could!

    New Follower.

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree with all your suggestions.

    New Follower
    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex
    CHECK OUT MY FF POST HERE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mara Dyer was soooo good.

    I KNOW I followed you last week, but I wasn't showing up, so I just re-followed you. Not sure what that's about.

    My F&F Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices, have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I promised a couple of fellow book bloggers I wouldn’t “machine gun” my Follow Friday posts on the blogs I visit but this week’s Follow Friday has inspired me to make an important exception.

    The book I think everyone should read is a work of non-fiction called The Four Hour Workweek. The thing is, the book is very well written and entertaining so it reads like a work of fiction. What the book can do to enhance your life and change the way you live day by day seems unbelievable on its face which might mark it a legitimate work of fiction for the skeptics out there.

    If you read this work of non-fiction and really follow the advice it gives and apply the insights you’ll gain, your life will read like a modern tale fairytale.

    I encourage, implore and even insist you follow me back to my book blog so you can find out why I think EVERYONE should read The Four Hour Workweek – http://www.howardsherman.net

    TGIFF!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have actually never watched Stand By Me, which is a complete shame for a huge Stephen King fan like myself!:P

    New follower from FF:)
    Nina at Lost in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Stand By Me, I always cry but I can't help but keep watching!

    New Follower

    Shortskie's Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that version of P&P as well! Matthew MacFadyen is so handsome, I love him as Mr. Darcy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...