Friday, December 16, 2011

Obsessions for the Week....

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

So this week my obsessions are:

BOOKS

The Bloodrose trailer

So I don't have a way to put the video here, but I will provide a link to the video for your viewing pleasure.

I am getting excited for this book. The Q & A with Andrea Cremer included with the video hints at a shocking ending. Hmmmm.....*dies of want*

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer cover art


I pretty much want this hanging on my wall. Really big. I found the photographer's website where I can make this happen. Her name is Heather Landis and she has a bunch of amazing photos. I am in love. I will be ordering myself this in the new year to decorate. *squee*

MOVIE

The Hunger Games movie poster


There was a huge buzz surrounding this on twitter when it was released. It is awesome, and it just makes me wish it was March already.

OTHER

The Golden Globes nominations

Here is where I admit to loving awards season. LOVE. I especially love it if people I enjoy get nominated for an award. For instance people like the delicious and talented Joseph Gordon - Levitt. He was nominated for his fantastic work in 50/50. A movie everyone should see.

Other nominations am excited about -

~ Rooney Mara for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. This makes me excited because I want this movie to be awesome and this is a good sign.
~ Michael Fassbender for Shame. I have heard excellent things about this movie and him in particular.
~ Michelle Williams for My Week With Marilyn. LOVE her in this movie. She was untouchable in this role, and to me she should win.
~ Ryan Gosling's double nomination. It's never a bad thing when Ryan Gosling gets to wear a tux! :)

I could go on and on but I won't. Needless to say, I am looking forward to the Oscar nominations in the new year.

Book Expo America

Ok, I know it's not until June but I am already excited. I will be buying my pass in Jan and have already started looking at hotels. I am super excited. I am hoping the Class of 2012 authors have an event at Books of Wonder like they did last year. I also hope to have drinks and talk books with some bloggers this time as I didn't really know anyone last year. If anyone else is going, let me know!

What are you obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the THG poster!! Man, I need this movie so bad. Just under 100 days to go... *twitch* At least Australia get it on March 22nd, one day earlier muahahaha.

    I recently discovered the society 6 website too! I actually found it because I was searching for sosmething on the cover art and the proceeded to oggle at all photos of 'Noah and Mara' from that photoshoot :D

    EEEE! So happy for being able to attend BEA! That's a book lovers dream <3 I would flipping LOVE to attend one year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much in love with the new Hunger Games poster. Can't wait to find one of my own and put it on my wall.

    Before the Dyer book came out, I came across this image ages ago and then recognized it straight away when I saw the cover. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...