Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOK

Born Wicked

I just finished reading this and the only word that comes to mind is  - WOW! This book has me dying for book two and I can't wait to share my review. You'll want to pick this one up when it's released in February.


TV

Ferris Bueller 2012

I LOVE Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's one of my go to movies when I am sick and don't want to get out ofbed. I literally squealed when I saw this preview for a TV commercial (YES, a preview for a commercial) that shows Matthew Broderick saying a twist on one of  his iconic lines from the movie which is followed by the even more iconic music. The full ad will air during the SuperBowl and is apparently for Honda.



Buffy the Vampire Slayer



Ok, my nostalgia factor is high today. I spent the day watching Buffy videos on Youtube and especially videos of the musical episode. Also, let's not forget the mostly SILENT episode that still gives me chills. It reminded me of how amazing, ground breaking, and well written it was. Joss Whedon is nothing short of genius and Sarah Michelle Gellar remains my idol and girl crush.

If you haven't watched Buffy ever, PLEASE do. You are missing out on one of the greatest TV shows EVER! Season 2 is my favourite - heartbreaking, romantic, and filled with jaw droppings twists.

And I've just made myself want to watch the entire series AGAIN...

OTHER

My Blogiversary

This happens to be today! My little blog is a whole year old. It feels like I just started (but some days it really does feel like I've been a blogger for years). I am having a little giveaway to celebrate, and I just wanted to thank you all again for following, and basically being awesome.

A special shout out to Brodie, Christy, Kelly, and Evie for being amazing and so welcoming in my first year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I need to get my hands on Born Wicked asap! It sounds freaking amazing!! Magic, witches, historical era and... Finn Belestra? *swoons* And HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!! *throws books and streamers in the air* Aww <33 No, thank YOU for being so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...