Monday, December 24, 2012

Best of 2012 Questionnaire

Here is a brief questionnaire I filled out. Most of the questions I grabbed from the questionnaire I saw Kelly at KellyVision post last year.

1. Favourite books of 2012.
YA dystopian: Insurgent by Veronica Roth
YA paranormal: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
YA contemporary: Just One Day by Gayle Forman


2. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2012.

Gone Girl. I wasn't prepared to love it as much as I did. It surprised me with the twists and turns, and how engrossed I became with it.

3. Book you recommended most in 2012.

Gone Girl, Masque of the Red Death and Tiger Lily

4. Best series you discovered in 2012.

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (I read both Cinder and Scarlet this year, and loved both).

5. Favorite new authors you discovered.

Gillian Flynn, Bethany Griffin, and Katherine Longshore.

6. Book you anticipated most.

Easily The Evolution of Mara Dyer. After that cliffhanger of The Unbecoming I was desperate for it.

7. Favorite cover.

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

8. Most beautifully written book

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson or Just One Day by Gayle Forman.

9. Book you can’t believe you waited so long to read.

The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

10. Biggest WTF moment

Ah...it's a spoiler, but it happens in Gone Girl. Pretty much the entire book when it comes to Gone Girl.

11. Book that had the biggest impact

Just One Day by Gayle Forman. Deeply connected with the main character, and this book made me feel so many things.

12 Book that made you cry the most

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

13. Best YA hottie

Noah Shaw. Always.

Favourites

1. Female character

Scarlet from Marissa Meyer's Scarlet OR Allyson from Just One Day by Gayle Forman

2. Male character

Noah Shaw

3. Love triangle

Araby/Will/Elliott from Masque of the Red Death

4. Kissing scene

Any of the Mara/Noah make outs in The Evolution of Mara Dyer

5. Favourite passage or quote

SO MANY, so I will just share 5 from books I read this year.

1. 'I'll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear' - The Evolution of Mara Dyer

2. 'We accept the love we think we deserve' - Perk Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

3. 'I am beautiful, fake, shallow, incognito' -  Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

4. 'I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once' - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

5. 'I think you're the sort of person who finds money on the ground and waves it in the air and asks if anyone has lost it. I think you cry in movies that aren't even sad because you have a soft heart, though you don't let it show. I think you do things that scare you, and that makes you braver than those adrenaline junkies who bungee-jump of bridges' - Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Book blogs

1. Favorite review that you wrote

I am really proud of my Masque of the Red Death review and my Gone Girl review.

2. Best event that you participated in

Book Expo America

3. Best moment of book blogging

Getting to meet the lovely Ottawa blogettes, and hanging out with bookish people at Book Expo.

4. Most popular post on your blog

My Crewel review and my reveal of the cover for Tarnish by Katherine Longshore both have gotten a lot of page views this past year.

5. Reading challenges or goals

Just the Goodreads reading challenge. I read the 125 books I challenged myself with.

Looking ahead

1. Number one priority in 2013

I say this every year, but commenting more on blogs. I am horrible at it.

2. Book you are most anticipating

Early half of 2013 - Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Later half of 2013 - Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and Just One Year by Gayle Forman

3. Hopes in reading/blogging in 2013

Just to read as many fantastic novels as I did this year. 2013 looks to have some STELLAR novels coming out, and I am very much looking forward to Clockwork Princess breaking my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...