Friday, April 10, 2015

TV Talk with Kelly ... Bates Motel, Season 3, Episode 5


You may recall that Kelly from Kellyvision and I 'recapped' Bates Motel season two on my blog. We loved doing it so much we are going to do it again for season three. You can expect these to be up on Fridays for the most part (unless we're delayed).

This isn't really a recap, more just our reactions as we watch the show. There is totally going to be SPOILERS so maybe don't read until you've watched the episode. If you haven't watched it our notes may not make a whole lot of sense anyway but still SPOILERS!

My notes are marked by this colour and Kelly's have her initials by them and are in blue.

Bates Motel - Season 3 - Episode 5 - The Deal


KH: so after this, we're half done? That made me sad but the recap showed Caleb's epic fall, so...that's good.


Caleb’s epic fail...haha. LOVE! Do not love that we are halfway through. Why does this show have such short seasons?!


KH: WHAT THE HELL?! That's so scary. Poor Norma; poor Norma's car.


No kidding. What?! Someone just runs her off the road. I don’t even know.


Um...this is about to go from bad to worse, isn’t it?


KH: this guy is so scary. OH--is this about the flash drive? Has to be, right?


Yes, it’s about the flash drive. A guy like that in gloves is NEVER a good thing. I love that she was like “I am calling Romero” (for purely shipper reasons).


KH: but how scary that his response was, "He can't save you."


Um….. TERRIFYING!


kH: (Hello Romero!)


KH: I love the faux-bird watcher. Does sound like a Norman excuse.


I immediately thought of Norman. Was he there that night? Did he kill that other girl? SO MANY QUESTIONS.


KH: I think he was there, or there-ish.


Emma is like “Old news, Norman”. I love that she sees how complex it is for Dylan. It’s not easy for him to just turn on his father (no matter how much I hate Caleb).


You had to, Norman? No, you did it because you were jealous. End of story.


KH: why didn't they show him telling her? Oh, wait...it doesn't seem like she does know. Did he tell "Mother" instead?


Hmmm.. I think he either told “Mother” or he hasn’t told her yet, but he feels it is a formality. She’ll know soon enough. This scene is breaking my heart because she’s not going to feel this huggy towards Dylan shortly.


KH: agreed. But I think he thinks he told her.


KH: Also, I love Norma.


She is pretty fantastic (Questionable women will NEVER stop being a thing).


KH: I love that so much. I may change my blog title to Questionable Reader. I won't, really, but I want to.


I love it!


This douche again. I want Romero to win.


KH: he sucks on Mad Men too. OMG shut up, guy. Shut. Up.


Okay, so he brought this guy out here to get Romero out of a job. The flash drive is apparently for the good of the entire town (which, whatever jerkface). I hate this guy. He knows Norma has it and now I am scared for Norma (even though I do not need to be….yet).


KH: I love that the wifi password is "MOTHER." Also, sorry, Dylan. He IS horrible.


‘Either she’s insane or you are’ Well…….up for debate, maybe?




KH: not up for much of a debate. NICE tweet!


KH: please God let Caleb have an axe-accident.


Or this guy could shoot him. Either way. I am okay with either.


KH: I am so fine with him getting shot.


KH: "Life is shit. There's only one thing that makes it better: boar jerky." I love Opie.


And whiskey apparently.


KH: well, yeah.


DO NOT TALK HIM INTO STAYING! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! STOP!


KH: unless you want him to stay so you can kill him. That's fine.


Norma looks so young and pretty here. She’s on a date with a decent guy. Cute, even if he is sort of also being her therapist.


KH: go, Norma!  She's adorable.


Oh, gosh. She really is. I hope he’s not THE boyfriend. I also still want her with Romero.


KH.: I guess he told "Mother."


Um...Norman definitely told ‘Mother’’. She had on the dress that he likes?! WHAT o.O
He’s not telling on Dylan? Progress?


Um...so Norman is just going to creepily smell her dress.


KH: CREEPER CREEPER CREEPER


KH: What if Emma finds it? You know "No, it's my mom's" will not fly.


KH: so it's impossible for everyone but that guy to hack into the flash drive?


Apparently. No wonder this girl wanted Norma to use it. Dylan needs to go to Romero. He is right. Let the police deal with this.


KH: poor Dylan. He could easily lose the family.


If Norma finds out that Norman knew and didn’t tell her (about Caleb) do you think she’ll be mad at him?


KH: oh yeah. Furious.


SQUEE!! She’s going to Romero! YAY! ‘Sometimes you’re Alex, sometimes you’re a cop’


KH: love it. Love them. :)


KH: "Have you lost your mind?" "Maybe. That's irrelevant." Oh, Norma. Never change, Norma.


Norma and Norman really have gone through a lot since season one. Having it listed like that...WHOA.


KH: agreed. It does seem like so much more said out loud.


He’s not going to let her do this alone. He’s totally going to support her after this breakdown.


KH: I love them.


You don’t say, Norma. Of course he wants it back.


KH: "He has some medical issues." Oh, Norma.


Medical issues is putting it mildly.


KH: Wow. Norma is going for it.


“And I want a pool” She has her priorities.


KH: "and a fence. So it's safe."


Love that she is like “yeah, I don’t know if I am going to give it back to you, like ever” She’s not stupid. She knows she’d be dead if she turned it over.


KH: agreed. But we still can't trust him.


Other than the fact we know he doesn’t kill Norma...haha.


The highway gets built though right? It cuts off the hotel from traffic, right?


KH: right. It kills the motel.


KH: Norman is breaking my heart. "I want to be a good man."


Ugh..that scene. The brother scenes get to me. So much. Norma is going to freak out though. She is legit going to lose it. I won’t blame her either.


KH: yeah, she deserves to have a bad reaction. He is the worst.


Um…..is Norma moving out?!


KH: apparently. Wow. :(


Um, Norman is going to lose it with Norma gone. I cannot believe she left. Dylan is going to look after Norman?! What would that even look like?


KH: I feel like Dylan might do a better job.

Halfway done the season :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...